BT brackets that replace front pods 2014+ ?

Started by JTNC110, January 26, 2015, 02:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTNC110

I'm seeking feedback from anyone who has bought these and if it was a significant improvement.

My current setup is PBR300x2 in AP, kappa's, flashed but not really satisfied or impressed.
This setup produces no bass and distorts if you try to dial some in.  Well I guess I should say they will produce bass at low volumes. 
I have tried HP and adjusting frequency but haven't found a setting that makes me smile.

I think these plastic pods aren't helping matters which is why I posted this question. 

Anyone?

UltraNutZ

JTNC110.  I've not run into this issue so I'll throw a couple of things out there for you.

1. Just understand that it's (2) 6.5" speakers so make sure your expectations are in line with that.
2. remove the speakers and take a handful of polyfil and stuff down in the pods.  Then try it out.  I've not had to do this but even Bill @ BT who swears Polyfil is the devil  :hyst:  agreed that it did make a difference in the pods
3. Are you sure you got the correct flash from the dealer?  8 speakers on, amp1 and amp2 off, fader activated.
4. if the polyfil doesn't work, take it back out then drill some holes in the pods.  Maybe 5 or 6 3/4" holes on the back side.  Just know that this should be your last resort as there's no going back at this point.

I have a sneaky suspicion #3 above might be your issue.   :idunno:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

JTNC110

Thanks for the reply UN. 

Yes I'm positive I have the correct flash.  I had it flashed incorrectly a long time ago before the RF bulletin came out.   I then went to a different dealer and the technician let me go through it with him.  I verified what I was seeing on his computer. 

The reason I know the sound could be better is this -   I know a girl with a road king with a batwing.  Her stereo sounds much "fuller".   I was helping her with an unrelated problem which involved removing the fairing.  When I got it apart she had a BT 2180, I don't recall the speaker brand.  She also had two crossovers in there.   But man, her stereo blows mine away in sound quality.   

I've triple checked my wiring for polarity and good connections.

I know 6.5 door speakers in a car sound so much better which makes me think this tiny enclosure sucks. 

I may end up trying some porting.  I wish BT would sell the brackets without the speakers so I could do an apples to apples comparison.

UltraNutZ

briefly talked to Bill about this JTNC110.  He asked that you give him a call at 800-735-2419
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

juice1775

Any update on this? Looking to add same set up in a friends FLHXS. Thanks in advance.
Retired Navy Corpsman
2009 Black Denim FLHT/ stage 4/ Se 204/1.725 Rockers

JTNC110

Quote from: juice1775 on February 22, 2015, 04:27:49 AM
Any update on this? Looking to add same set up in a friends FLHXS. Thanks in advance.

My review can be found a few threads down.
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,80231.0.html