Best Ultra Amp Speaker kit

Started by FTW359, January 26, 2015, 03:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTW359

Which one  of these two kits is the best for the money
Rockford Fosgate kit R1-hd4-9813 320.00 or
Hogtunes Big Ultra NCA-450U 540.00

Gannicus

There are much better alternatives for the money.  In the wind at 70 mph you won't notice a difference between these systems and stock.

AAWAV

ok - I am in the mood to "help" LOL...

talking about fairing and Tourpack pods right?
take "our advise" and do it once, the right way...

multiple options here, depending on budget. See my thread on the amps for more info.

give us some more input on you max budget, using FM radio, stock Headunit (HK), year of your ride... technical support we can provide (all installs are relatively easy as long as you are not color blind and know how to take some parts of your bike).

'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

FTW359

Quote from: AAWAV on January 26, 2015, 04:57:21 PM
ok - I am in the mood to "help" LOL...

talking about fairing and Tourpack pods right?
take "our advise" and do it once, the right way...

multiple options here, depending on budget. See my thread on the amps for more info.

give us some more input on you max budget, using FM radio, stock Headunit (HK), year of your ride... technical support we can provide (all installs are relatively easy as long as you are not color blind and know how to take some parts of your bike).
$$$ no problem 08 ultra fairing & tour pack HK unit 40 years building bikes just not into stereo stuff.

Gannicus

Outstanding! First and foremost you want to go with 6.5 or 7.1 speakers in your fairing. The kits you referenced were 5.25 speakers. If $$$$ is not an issue. The best system out there for your bike will be the Biketronics 7.1 speakers and their 4 channel amp. But if you don't want to spend quite that much for the amp. There are other amps that will push the 7.1's with equal clarity and power for less.  Especially if FM radio is not an issue.   See AAWAV's thread.

You definitely want the  BT7.1 speakers.  Words can't describe how good those speakers sound. You gotta hear em!  Nutz and others will chime in shortly but the BT7.1  speakers is a excellent place to start.

AAWAV

Yep. If you want top notch. BT. For the speakers I cannot personally speak...yet :-)... also while at it if you do not use cb... change our hu... it will be way better with any known brand like Kenwood sony pioneer alpine. 100 to 200 should do it and get the v twin rain cover. Pricey but the guys rave about it.
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

tdgriff

Yes the BT 7.1 is the way to go. I run the BT 7.1 pros and BT 6×9s in my bags with the BT 4 channel amp powering them Kenwood hu. You will not be disappointed. Do it right the first time.

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

FTW359

Looking thru my parts found a BT 2ch amp going with BT kit with sony marine radio 7.1 front hogtunes rear.

Gannicus

All good up front! But you might want to pump the brakes on the hog tunes in the rear.

tdgriff

:agree:
Quote from: Gannicus on February 01, 2015, 08:40:03 AM
All good up front! But you might want to pump the brakes on the hog tunes in the rear.
:agree: don't waste your money.