April 28, 2024, 08:13:00 AM

News:

2015 RGS Grills for Fairing

Started by shagyluke, January 28, 2015, 04:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shagyluke

Does anyone know of upgraded or better looking fairing grills for a 15 RGS? These plastic pieces are crapola.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

AAWAV

are they different from 2013 and older? I dug around on the web a bit. seems like there are mesh options but no specific referrals to 2015 model
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

dirtracin23

Yeah, they are way different than the 2013 and older RG AAWAV.
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

tdgriff

I am guessing you could make a set up on our own. As long as the grills install from behind. I don't see why you could not make your own set out of what ever you want. I would just use the old grills for a pattern.

AAWAV

shagy - Lol, funny name as in Dutch it kind of means a rolled cigarette...
I got some mesh still laying around (I did cut my own and my brothers batwing grills out of a desk trash can).
shoot me an email with picture of current grill and square dimensions you need per grill and I can tell you yea or nea....
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

dirtracin23

Quote from: tdgriff on January 28, 2015, 05:49:42 PM
I am guessing you could make a set up on our own. As long as the grills install from behind. I don't see why you could not make your own set out of what ever you want. I would just use the old grills for a pattern.

They install from the outside. There is one rubber tab on the the outside edge of each that slips in an alignment slot and then a snap in tap at the top and bottom corners on the inside edge of each.

shagyluke

Quote from: AAWAV on January 28, 2015, 06:04:42 PM
shagy - Lol, funny name as in Dutch it kind of means a rolled cigarette...
I got some mesh still laying around (I did cut my own and my brothers batwing grills out of a desk trash can).
shoot me an email with picture of current grill and square dimensions you need per grill and I can tell you yea or nea....

I shot you a picture via text. Let me know what you think. I would love to make some myself if you have the materials.

The name,,, well shagy was my favorite dude in Scobby Doo wham I was a kid ad my Blonde lab is named Luke who is named after cool hand Luke. Now you know the rest of the story....

dirtracin23

Don't throw your stockers in the trash shagy. I'm looking for some extras to use trying different modifications in an attempt to get them to fit with my Kappas.

shagyluke

Quote from: dirtracin23 on January 28, 2015, 09:12:48 PM
Don't throw your stockers in the trash shagy. I'm looking for some extras to use trying different modifications in an attempt to get them to fit with my Kappas.

Shoot me an email with your addy. If I don't put them in my Razor ATV you can have them.

aaronvincent at cox dot net

tdgriff

Quote from: dirtracin23 on January 28, 2015, 06:07:31 PM
Quote from: tdgriff on January 28, 2015, 05:49:42 PM

They install from the outside. There is one rubber tab on the the outside edge of each that slips in an alignment slot and then a snap in tap at the top and bottom corners on the inside edge of each.
Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

dirtracin23

Quote from: shagyluke on January 28, 2015, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: dirtracin23 on January 28, 2015, 09:12:48 PM

Shoot me an email with your addy. If I don't put them in my Razor ATV you can have them.

aaronvincent at cox dot net

email sent