April 27, 2024, 10:21:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Cerwin Vega Amps

Started by ALUCARD19, February 02, 2015, 08:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALUCARD19

February 02, 2015, 08:01:35 PM Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:56:11 AM by ALUCARD19
Does anyone know what the prices are for the new 2015 edition Cerwin Vega amps B54 4 channel and the B52 2 channel they have included some nice upgrades and was wondering what the prices were, no price on their website.
It would seem they also have another new line of amps called the RPM series SRPM700.4D 4 channel 150Watts x 4 @ 2ohms the size is 8.66"x5.28"x1.75" but no prices on these amps either and no one seems to stock these yet.
So if anyone has any pricing or availability on these new amps please let me know.
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

Clarion has also entered into the bike market with their amp although based on size and shape of this thing, it looks to me like it could be a rebranded Alpine KTP445 amp.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_71986_Clarion-XC1410.html

as for the CV amps, my audio dealer source is telling me they're being quiet about pricing as of yet.  Hell, can't even get the manuals on them yet either.  I do like the BT addition.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

ALUCARD19

Yeah Nutz these 2 amps are very similar in power but the new RPM series seems to be just a little shorter in length.
The new B54 (new version of the B4 amp)
The newest STEALTH BOMBER amplifiers receive Speaker Level Input with Auto Turn-On for more compatibility and application purposes.  The newly designed advanced rollback power and thermal protection circuit ensures that the amplifier continuously plays when driven under the most extreme conditions.  The STEALTH BOMBER 4-channel amplifier model now comes equipped with front and rear crossovers for greater flexibility.  The mounting feet on the amplifiers have been redesigned to run full-length to provide greater mounting options.  Equipped with a BTR port on select models that work with Cerwin-Vega Mobile's Bluetooth receivers, STEALTH BOMBER amplifiers provide a seamless connection for streaming music with any Bluetooth enabled device
         AMA Life Member #35524

ALUCARD19

Nutz here is the info on the new RPM series SRPM 700.4D
    Class D IR Chipset With DirectFET Power Mosfet Output Stage
    Conformal Coated PCB To Protect Against Moisture, Vibration/Mechanical Stress
    BTR Port For Bluetooth Receiver To Control Smart Devices and Media Content
    Top Mount Controls For Quick Precise Adjustments
    Advanced Rollback Thermal Protection
    150W X 4 @ 2Ω, 100 X 4 @ 4Ω, 300 X 2 @ 4Ω Bridged RMS Power
    Crossover: 12dB, 40-400 Hz
    Frequency Response: 10-33KHz
         AMA Life Member #35524

ALUCARD19

Just received an email from Bob Chanthavongsa VP Sales.
The B54 suggested retail price is $399.99 and the SRPM700.4D suggested retail price is $479.99.  We expect these to be available at our authorized Cerwin-Vega dealers by the end of March/early April.
Just an update if anyone is interested in these 2 new amps.

AMA Life Member #35524

AAWAV

Quote from: ALUCARD19 on February 04, 2015, 06:18:35 AM
Just received an email from Bob Chanthavongsa VP Sales.
The B54 suggested retail price is $399.99 and the SRPM700.4D suggested retail price is $479.99.  We expect these to be available at our authorized Cerwin-Vega dealers by the end of March/early April.
Just an update if anyone is interested in these 2 new amps.

We need to put them on a bench... 700 sounds close to SS4.520 or RZ4 specs. big price difference though... my 2 cents
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Gannicus

I agree. When are you getting back stateside?

ALUCARD19

Also I am waiting for the soundstream PN4.1000D to be released. 4.75"x 1.5"x 10.25"
140wx4@4ohms and 250wx4@2ohms
No word yet on price or availability.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

I'm a little confused on the advanced rollback thermal protection thing because it's not clearly defined.  If it's in fact what the name insinuates, then I can't honestly see that being a good thing.  If it's choking the amp for power then that is definitely going to affect the life of the amp IMO.  But I don't know for sure that's what it means so take that with a grain of salt.

ALUCARD19

Talked to the man at CV and he stated that to his understanding that once the amp senses that it is to hot instead of shutting down completely that it cuts down the power output until it reaches a state of thermal conformity (acceptable operating temperature range) thus prolonging the life of the amp.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

just the opposite of what I would have thought/expected.   :up: