April 28, 2024, 11:43:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Injectors for a 124

Started by 06roadglide, February 03, 2015, 08:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

06roadglide

In the column that says its 6.2gps, above that says, (static) @ 400kpa

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Desertwndrr

February 05, 2015, 06:19:06 AM #27 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 06:24:09 AM by Desertwndrr
Quote from: joe_lyons on February 04, 2015, 04:50:46 PM
The GM injectors 12613412 are 42 pounds per hour injectors/ 5.3 g/s

In the SE catalog these are listed at 6.2g/s.  Whatever the pressure truly is, they were fairly inexpensive from the local GM dealer.  I just wish that they fit my touring TBW intake.

joe_lyons

Look in the direction of Ford

joe_lyons

Quote from: Desertwndrr on February 05, 2015, 06:19:06 AM

In the SE catalog these are listed at 6.2g/s.  Whatever the pressure truly is, they were fairly inexpensive from the local GM dealer.  I just wish that they fit my touring TBW intake.
Iwp 069

Desertwndrr

Quote from: joe_lyons on February 05, 2015, 07:16:36 AM
Quote from: Desertwndrr on February 05, 2015, 06:19:06 AM

Iwp 069

Stock is a 4-hole injector and the IWP069 injector is single hole.  I would assume that spray pattern can be a big factor.  I'm not educated enough about the engineering of it all and whether or not the change to the IWP injector would be an issue.  I used the GM injector as it was simply relabeled and repackaged for HD sale.

1FSTRK

The stock Harley regulator runs the pressure at 4 bar, running on the dyno the pressure will usually vary from 55lbs  an 62lbs during the run.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

hrdtail78

Quote from: Tq Monster on February 04, 2015, 04:55:40 PM
Does anyone know which model of GM injectors would be compatible with an 08 and up throttle body 5.3 g/s ? Thanks

I have tried to cross reference this injector.  I have had no luck.  I think the stage 1 on this sight is the same, but HD is less money.  If you find something.  Let me know.

http://www.injector.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=101&idcategory=15
Semper Fi

Tq Monster

I will let you know if I find something but as of now I'm the same boat as you when I think I've found a solution it ends up being more expensive than the HD version! :doh:
"With God all things are possible"

joe_lyons

What about the Siemens deka ones?

whittlebeast

Injector flow is normally rated at 300 kpa or 3 atmospheres pressure differential.  This works out to about 44psi.  Changing from 44 psi to 60 psi results in about a 15% increase in flow for the injector.

In the Android world, I use android program called EFI Math as a quick and dirty converter.

Some injector websites  give two flow ratings, 3 and 4 atm.

The white elephant in the room is the injector opening time or dead time.  This can be quite different from one injector to the next and the setting in in one of the Harley Hidden Tables.  This setting is very sensitive to battery voltage and all hidden from view in the Harley world.

Andy

Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

hrdtail78

How does this really effect a low impedance injector that IDC is kept below 80%.  Most don't messed with this table.  Even if it is exposed.  I thought that this elephant was kept in check by the rule of thumb of 80% IDC?

BTW  I really don't see these as hidden tables.  I look at them as tables that aren't exposed.  It seems in this industry that what we can record, and manipulate is different between the different tuners.  Someday a product will come out with all of this exposed.  We will pick the channels we want to record.  We will set up pids and we will generate new based on our input.  I just hope what happened to that industry doesn't have to happen here in order for that to happen.
Semper Fi

whittlebeast

The opening/dead time is a big deal at idle, low loads and tip-in.  At high DC, it is not really an issue.
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

Coyote

So you are saying that the varying opening/dead time creates a bigger percentage of error at low duty cycles than it does at high duty cycles?