April 27, 2024, 03:35:11 PM

News:

Boom Audio Speaker Grills

Started by ALUCARD19, February 05, 2015, 11:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALUCARD19

Nutz would I be able to use Boom Audio Speaker grills #'s 76000003, 76000004, with my 62.11i speakers in my 2013 Limited fairing or would it still be best to use the 6.5 adapter rings from easternperformance and mount the speakers from the inside.
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

you're going to need the aftermarket adapter rings bud.  The adapter rings that come with the boom audio 6.5", the inner diameter of the ring is not large enough to not cause woofer excursion contact.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

UltraNutZ

to answer your question on the BA grills, anything is possible but I wouldn't spend the $ just to cut them up.  There are a lot of aftermarket manufacturers out there for grills for the 13 and prior fairings.  Myself I prefer the "incognito" look of the stock grills that came on the bike.  The BT grills are nice as well, with a little more openness behind the cloth covers.

ALUCARD19

Nutz I already have the adapter rings from eastern the ones that look like the arc audio rings.
I was just wondering if I would be able to mount the BA grills on the outside of the fairing for a different look instead of the stealth stock look.   :idunno:
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

i would say yes as long as you're willing to cut them.. the stocker grills can be used as a pattern to cut them out where they won't interfere with the adapter rings where they mount to the fairing itself.

ALUCARD19

OK Thanks I will try my Wizardly modification skills.
         AMA Life Member #35524