April 28, 2024, 07:03:34 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Try this if yougot problems reading your aftermarket HU screen

Started by AAWAV, February 06, 2015, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAWAV

We "all" have this issue right. not or barely being able to read your HU screen...
a. because of the reflection of the sun indirectly via the tank cover chrome (I used 2 inch electrical black tape on the front of it and it did help a bit)
b. because of the reflection of the sun directly

So I tried the following for 1 buck!!!!
bought a cellphone anti glare screen cover. measured the size I needed on my Pioneer DEH HU, cut it out with an exacto knife and stuck it on.

I tested it last weekend on a short ride (I run green color and my Pioneer has 3! lines of data on the screen).

There is a significant improvement, but it will never be like the stocker, keep that in mind. for 1 buck IMO worth it.
How long it will stay put on the screen, I do not know.

sample... I can get 2 "covers" out of this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Glare-Screen-Protector-Cover-Guard-Film-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-S-V-I-9600-/351165451146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c3178b8a
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

shagyluke

AAWAV,

Now that you have a fix for yours please help with mine.  My 15 RGS... Riding yesterday coming back from a job the sun was behind me. The sun reflecting off my stock HU screen was blinding. I had to ride all the way down Las vegas Blvd leaming sideways. I can only imagine what peeps in their cars were saying. Look at that dude, He must have a crick in his neck..LOL

I know there is a anti glare piece on there already but it does not work very well. Might have to look into some lizard skin if I can find a piece big enough.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

vhmike73

I'm not sure if dimensionally this would work, but this http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-Clear-LCD-Screen-Protector-Garmin-Nuvi-2797-2797LT-2797LM-2797LMT-LMT-7-GPS-/141004665550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d48872ce might be an option. If you don't think it's the right dimensions, try finding an anti-glare screen protector for a full size iPad/Galaxy 10 (larger tablet) that you could then cut down to match the dimensions of the Road Glide's screen.

tdgriff

Quote from: AAWAV on February 06, 2015, 07:42:49 AM
We "all" have this issue right. not or barely being able to read your HU screen...
a. because of the reflection of the sun indirectly via the tank cover chrome (I used 2 inch electrical black tape on the front of it and it did help a bit)
b. because of the reflection of the sun directly

So I tried the following for 1 buck!!!!
bought a cellphone anti glare screen cover. measured the size I needed on my Pioneer DEH HU, cut it out with an exacto knife and stuck it on.

I tested it last weekend on a short ride (I run green color and my Pioneer has 3! lines of data on the screen).

There is a significant improvement, but it will never be like the stocker, keep that in mind. for 1 buck IMO worth it.
How long it will stay put on the screen, I do not know.

sample... I can get 2 "covers" out of this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Glare-Screen-Protector-Cover-Guard-Film-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-S-V-I-9600-/351165451146?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c3178b8a
I put my rain guard on and I can see pretty good . It is tinted.

joebags

Which rainguard did you use? I understand theres a couple out there, but some dont really work well.

tdgriff

Quote from: joebags on February 08, 2015, 10:16:02 AM
Which rainguard did you use? I understand theres a couple out there, but some dont really work well.
V twin audio