April 27, 2024, 10:42:55 AM

News:

make avatar larger?

Started by zj1182, November 01, 2008, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Als78fxe and 17 Guests are viewing this topic.

zj1182

Hi all:

I wonder if there's a way for me to momentarily enlarge the picture some members associate with their posts when I click on them.  I can't make out the very small pictures that are under the poster's name.  My eyes aren't very "eagle" now, but then they never were, LOL!

zj

maineultraclassic

Avatars really aren't for posting scenic pictures for everyone to look at, they are really just for small pictures to make a statement or to show what you like.

I've never seen an option like you are looking for on any other forums, so I don't think it is out there.

Steve

2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

zj1182

Steve:

Thanks for the info.

BTW, how do you include the picture?  Was that added to that post only or is it part of your signature?  If its in your signature, how'd ya do it?

zj

maineultraclassic

It is part of my signature.

I always use Photobucket to hose my pictures, so when doing my signature I just link to it and it shows up in every post.

Steve
2005 Ultra Classic
95" Powered by Big Boyz,Woods,Doherty,TTS,Fatcat,Hillside TB

Rags722

Damn, I'm trying to do the same thing, but all I can get is the link, not the photo to show up.  Are you doing anything "unique" Steve?  Any chance you could cut and paste your sig so I can see how yours is different from mine?

springer 03

As for viewing the avatars. If you right click them and then click view image some do enlarge.
life is short! ride it for all its worth!!

http://i68.photobucket.com/album

rigid71hd

just trying ot get used to setting up this profile
if you aint first your last !!

bill7590

I just wanted to show my ................

FastFLSTF

The images in signature might get old for those with dial-up.

rigid71hd

man im harving a hard time adding the photo to my signature can i just get a quick run down how to link it to photobucket ? i did it the way i normally do for my avatar and it worked but not me signature .thanks

FastFLSTF

Quote from: rigid71hd on November 01, 2008, 05:12:15 PM
man im harving a hard time adding the photo to my signature can i just get a quick run down how to link it to photobucket ? i did it the way i normally do for my avatar and it worked but not me signature .thanks

You've got to wrap your own HTML code around it.  I can't write it here or it doesn't show up, just makes a red X.  Insert the actual character where I spell out "left bracket [" or right bracket ]".  Get the full link of your image on photobucket, including the http.  In your signature block under your modify settings, type leftbracketIMGright bracket paste your URL and finish with left bracket/IMGright bracket.  All with no spaces.  Remember the / before the ending IMG.

rigid71hd

FastFLSTF

rigid71hd

ok so how do i get my avatar to change now . man i just added this image ...lol

rigid71hd

worked that time i dont know what i did ...lol..

FastFLSTF

I had to do mine twice for it to take.

Ultrashovel

The Avatars are sized to around 65 X 65 pixels. They would be more viewable at 100 X 100.......just a suggestion.

Coyote

I'm pretty sure to change this requires a some coding changes. I can look into it but am working on a few other site features right now. Once we have those up and running I'll see what can be done. -k

Coyote

Avatar size is now 100x100. If you uploaded a smaller one, you would have to do another to take advantage of this.