April 27, 2024, 12:39:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Recent 2014 and 2015 Flashes and Issues

Started by UltraNutZ, February 16, 2015, 07:25:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraNutZ

My sources are telling me that the reason more of you are seeing issues now than previously is because of the release of updated software for the head units as well as new flash files being released by MOCO to the dealers for the Digital Techs in preparation for the Boom 2 crap.  The flashes are full of glitches, appear to be working when they're actually not, and those that appear to actually do something are breaking other things like fader and EQ options.  Gotta love the mothership!
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Bertk

Yes, and the more questions you ask, just leads to more questions...   :banghead:
Wonder if it's worth reverting back to FW ver. 1.17.4. Then I may loose some GPS fixes...
I know another question...  :scratch:
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

shagyluke

Un,

What do your sources say the fix is? Thats the million dollar question!!!! I am praying that you can find out. I want my bass and treble control back...LOL
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

UltraNutZ

they don't.. because they're as clueless as the MOCO is with these damn things.  It's getting to be quite frustrating.

shagyluke

How do I get a Rushmore HU? I have access to a guy that could get this figured out. He is a programmer for a huge gaming Co. here in Vegas. He is boarder line genius and kind of hard to talk to but he would do this for me. I dont want to sacrifice mine or I would have him tear mine apart.

UltraNutZ

I only know of 1 guy that pulled that POS out of his bike and replaced it with aftermarket.  I'll ask but I doubt he'll give it up for testing.

Biketronics Inc

You cannot turn the new radios on without either a bike computer or a circuit designed to send out the proper can-bus signal.  They get power all the time and do not have the usual switched power/turn on setup like most radios.  We are working on making a bench test setup and have a proto board working.  If someone wanted to dig into the issue I would suggest downloading the update files from HD and start picking them apart.  You can easily unzip them and look at all the different files and how it works.  Should be able to program the radio however you want if someone knew what they were doing and had a little time to work on it.  Ideally just figure out how to turn every option on so people can choose.

Other idea would be make something like the m-box but more advanced so it does not just kill everything below a certain frequency.  You would need a couple of passive filters working together or some sort of dsp that dynamically blocks energy above a certain level at the correct frequencies.  This would never sound as good as reprogramming the radio though but maybe we could get close with the right setup.  Once I get my bench setup going this will be the first thing I mess around with.  Then it would not matter what screwy programming HD does in the future.

Bill
1-800-735-2419

UltraNutZ

anyone have a m-box they're not using they can send me?

shagyluke

wish I did..

Bill, thanks for the work you ans UN are willing to put into this.

HD Doobie

I am very happy to see that Bill and Biketronics are working on a way to get these new head units to play nice with aftermarket equipment!  If/when they come up with something I will definitely be interested in it!

Biketronics Inc

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 20, 2015, 10:55:34 AM
anyone have a m-box they're not using they can send me?

I have one, let me find it.  Or PM me what you thinking, I might already have an answer.

Bill
1-800-735-2419

AAWAV

Quote from: Biketronics Inc. on February 20, 2015, 10:31:18 AM
You cannot turn the new radios on without either a bike computer or a circuit designed to send out the proper can-bus signal.  They get power all the time and do not have the usual switched power/turn on setup like most radios.  We are working on making a bench test setup and have a proto board working.  If someone wanted to dig into the issue I would suggest downloading the update files from HD and start picking them apart.  You can easily unzip them and look at all the different files and how it works.  Should be able to program the radio however you want if someone knew what they were doing and had a little time to work on it.  Ideally just figure out how to turn every option on so people can choose.

Other idea would be make something like the m-box but more advanced so it does not just kill everything below a certain frequency.  You would need a couple of passive filters working together or some sort of dsp that dynamically blocks energy above a certain level at the correct frequencies.  This would never sound as good as reprogramming the radio though but maybe we could get close with the right setup.  Once I get my bench setup going this will be the first thing I mess around with.  Then it would not matter what screwy programming HD does in the future.

Bill

Bill / Nutz, I will download the files (help me where to find - you both got my email address) and take them apart (from origin I am a software Developer/Director). Cannot promise I got a lot of time on short notice, but like to be challenged  :smilep: :smilep:
let's see if we can make a "NutzAV" flash LOL
goptta go - 10th anniversary and need to keep Wife happy  :up: :up:
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

shagyluke

February 21, 2015, 06:44:36 PM #14 Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:21:46 PM by shagyluke

Bill / Nutz, I will download the files (help me where to find - you both got my email address) and take them apart (from origin I am a software Developer/Director). Cannot promise I got a lot of time on short notice, but like to be challenged  :smilep: :smilep:
let's see if we can make a "NutzAV" flash LOL
goptta go - 10th anniversary and need to keep Wife happy  :up: :up:
[/quote]

Happy wife<<<>>>Happy Life

Gannicus