April 27, 2024, 07:40:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

USB a- z

Started by tdgriff, February 16, 2015, 07:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdgriff

okay guys I'm trying to figure out how to organize my music on a USB. I just want to go A  to Z but I am not sure how to do it. I tried numbering them but not in alphabetical order. They changed from song to artist on their own.

UltraNutZ

get all your music in iTunes (as much as I hate Apple this seems to be the easiest way).  Remove all the track numbers and replace ALL of them with 01
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

tdgriff

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 17, 2015, 05:03:20 AM
get all your music in iTunes (as much as I hate Apple this seems to be the easiest way).  Remove all the track numbers and replace ALL of them with 01
Thank you Nutz I will give it a try

tdgriff

Thanks worked great. It only took me a year but know I got the USB figured out. Thanks for all the help from everyone.

AAWAV

not sure about the rushmore crap, sorry... but on aftermarket units most of them allow you to "sort" by genre, album, artist, ...
so if you are "anal" regarding the MP3 tags, you can build your own kind of playlists, like I did (Genre based). I got like Metal, Alternative Rock, Rock, hardrock, poprock, Hiphop,...

free tools like MP3Tag will allow you to change tags faster than f.e. window media player... not an itunes (Apple) fan so cannot comment on that one LOL

'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

tdgriff

Quote from: AAWAV on February 19, 2015, 10:17:37 AM
not sure about the rushmore crap, sorry... but on aftermarket units most of them allow you to "sort" by genre, album, artist, ...
so if you are "anal" regarding the MP3 tags, you can build your own kind of playlists, like I did (Genre based). I got like Metal, Alternative Rock, Rock, hardrock, poprock, Hiphop,...

free tools like MP3Tag will allow you to change tags faster than f.e. window media player... not an itunes (Apple) fan so cannot comment on that one LOL
I like my music a-z I tryed numbering them and they played in different order then numbered. Tryed a-z and it did not work. I thought I had it figured out but not yet.Thanks for the help again :scratch:

Low Down

I wanna know WTF 'like metal' is....

:pop:

tdgriff

shagyluke

Quote from: Low Down on February 19, 2015, 07:05:53 PM
I wanna know WTF 'like metal' is....

:pop:

Its the kind I like....
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

UltraNutZ

so did the numbering of the tracks all to 01 not work?  I thought you mentioned that it did work

tdgriff

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 20, 2015, 05:45:22 AM
so did the numbering of the tracks all to 01 not work?  I thought you mentioned that it did work
OK I think I misunderstood what you said. I numbered them 01 02 03 and so on. I'm guessing you meant 01 01 over and over for all songs?

UltraNutZ

yes that's correct.  Label each track # as 01

tdgriff

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 20, 2015, 06:47:19 AM
OK got it thank you for the help.  :up:

tdgriff

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 20, 2015, 06:47:19 AM
well I figured out what I have been doing wrong the whole time. I have been trying to number the band name not the track . I want my band names in order not the songs but I think I got it now. The only down side I see is every time I add a song I will have to renumber everything. Thanks Nutz