May 06, 2024, 02:03:53 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Riding Sunglasses

Started by boxs, March 21, 2009, 05:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxs

I broke my favorite Panoptx glasses today.  They were great and provided good
protection.  Now they are 7EYE ??  What are you guys wearing and recommending?

Box

06ClassicRider

March 21, 2009, 05:17:06 PM #1 Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 05:35:39 PM by 06ClassicRider
I have a pair of WileyX "Jakes" that I have really enjoyed while riding.  Very comfortable in that I don't get that soreness around the ears on long rides as I did with my Oakleys.  It's hard to describe but with WileyX the reds and yellows really stand out. Almost jump out at ya'. They come with removeable foam inserts, a hard case, neckstrap and cleaning cloth.  In comparing WileyX with 7eye (panoptx), I had found the WileyX to be a better bargain.  But I am not knocking 7eye.  Those are fine riding glasses, as well.  Forgot to mention that I have the transition lenses, which eliminates the multiple pairs for day and then night driving.

MrClean

Safety glasses.  Work for me.  One clear and two tinted from Farm and Fleet.  Get them from a welding supply or Menards or Home Depot.

$21 for all three.

These are the facts according to my opinions.

Sonny S.

HroadhogD1

Prescription sunglasses, and clear safety glasses.

thunderalley3

I have the HD transitions. I Love them, and the best part is they were a gift  :smiled:

I had a pair of Panoptx that were great, and someone stole them out of my tank bag. My fault, but had done it for years. Parked on the street in Sturgis, not rally time, walked in a bar, and did not get to the bar and someone ran in that had watched this person watch me put them in the tank bag and the second I walked in the door they ran up and snagged them, Good lesson learned, and when a friend heard what happened they put the HD transitions in my bag as a gift,,,,,,gotta love friends like that.

HenryJ

I bought a pair of the HD transitions a few months ago.  I hate them.  When the sun is low there are not enough UVs to make them turn dark and I find myself staring into the sun with almost perfectly clear lenses.  In other words when you need them the most they work the least.

I now carry a pair of dark for days and light for nights.

Jeffd

I have the panoptx with day/night lenses and they do not get dark enough in bright sun nor light enough in the dark.

chopper

Uvex.   Most under 10 bucks.  Great glasses, scratch protected.  I general get 2 years out of a pair..
Got a case of dynamite, I could hold out here all night

lox

Curvz sunglasses all the way!...24 bucks! lanesunglasses.com

Scurvy

Uvex  :up:
also I like the Bobster eyewear.  bobster.com
'05 FXST, '10 FLHTP, '77 FXE
Clinton, MT

FSG

UVEX  :up:  actually to be more specific the Uvex Skypers for my shaped melon

Justpassingas

For Duty and Humanity

jimrookie

Danger Zone UV clear $9.99 Biker & Danger Zone UV Smoke $9.99 Vulcan
boyh from J&P

quikbike

WileyX's good strong glasses with balistic glass which is a plus for us riders
I hate snow

xxxflhrci

3 for $15 or so designer knock-offs from the swapmeets or flea markets.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

I got a pair of these last year they were on sale at the time for $99.00

http://www.simplyeyeglasses.com/products/p/p/p-non-fc.php?frid=8500431

Gatorz raidators.

The link above has a very large selection of lenses and frame colore.

I also got a second pair with the yellow night lenses.
Member since 2004

bouncingVman

Had a pair of WileyX sunglasses that the bow broke when i was out at Sturgis last year. I found a WileyX dealler in the yellow pages and they had the same frames in a display case. After a call into the company I had a new bow installed and they were covered under warranty. Damn good company.
"Todd"
(Northern Iowa; United States)

Clintster

Did you contact 7 Eyes. I had two pair broken in the middle.  I contacted them they replaced both frames for free. On the one pair they put the seven eyes logo arms on N/C.  Glasses that expensive usually the frames are warrantied for life.  This one is not stated but he honored it, let me see if I still have the e-mail address? Ernie@Panoptx.com  His name is Ernie Fernandez, he is cofounder and takes care of cutomer complaints.  Good Luck
Drive fast, take chances

Moosedeuce

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/ven2safglas.html?gclid=CKCCspmj55ACFSQbsgodbwe-Xg     Pyramex venture 2        gold mirror for day, clear for night under 6 bucks a pair. :smiled:

03deuce

I have been wearing the same pair of Panoptx for 5 years now.  The foam insert is getting kind of worn, but I like the glasses for riding, especially in the wind. 
As another low cost option, Wal-Mart sells a wrap around sunglass that has the foam insert.

olpigiron

Cheers....
The Sun Don't Shine On The Same Dogs Ass Everyday....
OPI

RK101

I always liked the MSA Safety Glasses sold at Home Depot. I wore them for years in the construction industry and they work great when riding. There also priced right and easy to get when you need a new pair :smiled:
Do not take life too seriously.  You will never get out of it alive.  ~Elbert H

r440

I always get these http://www.wolfpeak.net/#/GLASSES/DAKURA-ANTI-FOG driving lense,they also have'm with clear lense and I think fastnal sells'em now

texaskatfish

Shooting safety glasses with 1.5 reading lens in the corners!

I can SEE my gauges on the highway!~ hehehehehe

http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/safreadglas.html 
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/