April 28, 2024, 07:34:36 AM

News:

BT4180 in my '15 Roadglide

Started by Modes, February 21, 2015, 06:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modes

Finally got my bt4180 installed.  It was a tight fit, but almost like it was made for the space.  The space under the radio is a wedge shape.  I stuck the amp under the radio tight and pushed it back against slope of the fairing mount plane.  I wrapped 3 zipties around the amp and radio bracket to keep things in place while I made a bracket to keep the headlight side up tight through riding on not so smooth roads.  The amp needs line converters so I mounted those to the left and right of the radio after clearances were checked.  The headlight side bracket was made from some 3/4" aluminium angle and the three pieces were riveted together, which let it move for ease of installation.  The bracket was then bolted to existing holes on the radio/headlight bracket.

Here are some pictures of the install...
[/URL][/URL][/URL]
[/URL]

Brought the bike to the dealer today and had them flash the radio for amp1 and amp2 off and four speakers. Sounds much better, but need to turn the bass down considerably.  Anyone know of and inline high pass filter?

Adam

shagyluke

Nice job.. I just finished my 4180 install in my 15 RGS as well. Do you have treble and base control? Mine do not function.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

Modes

I do have treble and bass control.  Fader is there but unusable.

Modes

Just ordered some FMOD crossovers in the ranges for my speakers.  See if I can eliminate some of the frequencies my stuff can't produce.

shagyluke

Quote from: Modes on February 22, 2015, 05:25:29 AM
I do have treble and bass control.  Fader is there but unusable.

Thats strange. I have a working fader control but no Treble or base. Mine sounds good and have great volume but wish I could control the base and treble.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

Modes

Yeah....this flashing crap is ridiculous.  Let the people that know how to/really care do the adjustments, i.e. us end users.

Ada

Bertk

Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX