April 27, 2024, 08:53:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Boom Stage 2?

Started by Eccool, February 23, 2015, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eccool

Earlier I asked about the Boom stage 1 stuff, the consensus was pretty much that it's crap.  Is this new stage 2 stuff any better?  Are there flash issues using the Boom stuff?  Thanks!

rigidthumper

Stage 2 boom stuff simply uses 1 amp per pair of speakers. Sounds OK. Seems to work fine with the latest radio flashes/updates.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

UltraNutZ

the little bit I've played with it, yes it's an improvement over the Boom stuff.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Eccool

Bertk

Someone from another forum installed the Boom II speakers & Amp then went to three different dealers and none of them knew how to flash it. Some dealers are up to speed on the new Boom II system.
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

UltraNutZ

Quote from: Bertk on February 23, 2015, 04:06:05 PM
Someone from another forum installed the Boom II speakers & Amp then went to three different dealers and none of them knew how to flash it. Some dealers are up to speed on the new Boom II system.

now that's some funny chit.. Some dealers don't even know how to flash for their own equipment!
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

lilchief

The local dealer has a display sound board set up with the Boom! stuff. The stage 2 sounded really good, but then again, it was in a display board with no wind & engine noise.

Lil Chief

Gannicus

lilchief

Quote from: Gannicus on February 23, 2015, 05:11:50 PM
2 grand good Lil Chief?

Oh hell no!! I would say maybe $500.00 good!

Lil' Chief

shagyluke

Was at the Harley dealer last weekend. When i pulled up this guy said man, I could her your music clear as day when you were out in the street. He asked me what system I had. So, I told him I had infinity speakers and a BT4180 amp. He said you mind me asking what you paid for all that. I told him for the amp, speakers and wiring I had about $800. I thought he was going to start crying. The look of disgust on his face was horrifying. He went on to tell me that he is about $2000 in to a Boom 2 system with install and components and he had six speakers. He said my system blew his away and he was pissed. He said he was taking all that Boom stuff back.. Good Luck with that. I gave him my card and said if he went the same route I did and gets in a snag to give me a call and I would help him out. I need to pay it forward from AAWAV and UN helping me..I haven't heard the Boom 2 stuff but can not see how it would sound any better than my incorrectly flashed system.. Just my 0.2
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

Eccool

Wow!  Thanks Shagyluke!