April 27, 2024, 11:23:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Morel TEMPO ULTRA INTEGRA 602 Speakers

Started by ALUCARD19, February 24, 2015, 09:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALUCARD19

Has anyone used or compared the Morel TEMPO ULTRA INTEGRA 602 6.5" coax speakers to the BT 7P1 speakers they are in the same price range I was just wondering how they would sound compared to the BT speakers.
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

haven't heard or compared them.. but I do know they're excellent speakers.  Been around Home Audio world for many a years (late 70s if I recall correctly).  I don't think it's been until just recently (within the past 5 years or so) that their products have come down to an affordable price for the average guy.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

ALUCARD19

I wonder how they would sound in the fairing lowers with the BT 7.1 pros up top, or in the tour pak pods with the 7.1 pros in the fairing.
I found them for $308.00 online just about inline with the regular 7.1 price.
I might have to look into these when I put in my lower fairing pods later this summer, along with my BT4180 amp upgrade.
Speaking of the BT4180 amp does it have screw holes for mounting or does it only have the velcro for mounting?
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

I doubt seriously if those will fit in the rear pods.  The magnets are huge.

In the lowers, I don't see an issue being that the BT Titan II 6.5" fit fine there.  Just make sure to line the lower pod with a thin layer of polyfil.

As for the way they'll sound, well that's subjective but again, they are an excellent speaker no doubt so I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

Why don't you just slap in a pair of Titan II 6.5" or are you just looking for other options that actually compare to the BT speakers?

ALUCARD19

I am just looking at all the better possibilities out there.
I have some time on my hands until I save up for the lower fairing speakers and the BT4180 amp, probably sometime mid summer, plus I like to be different as long as the quality is comperable to the BT speakers.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

ALUCARD19

And for fitting in the rear pods Nutz I have the V-Twin Audio VTPP 6.5" mounting adapters on it now since that was the best and easiest way for me to mount my 62.11i in the factory rear pods.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

the magnets on the Titan II and those Morels is MUCH bigger than the Kappa magnets are.

ALUCARD19

So then even with the V-Twin audio spacer adapters the 6.5 titans won't fit either.
If that's true then I'm glad I held off on buying the 6.5 titans during the group buy and only got the 7.1's for the upper fairing.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

I could be wrong about fitment.  I'll confirm with Alan when he opens in an hour or so.  Never used the VTwin adapters back there.

ALUCARD19

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 25, 2015, 06:20:42 AM
I doubt seriously if those will fit in the rear pods.  The magnets are huge.

In the lowers, I don't see an issue being that the BT Titan II 6.5" fit fine there.  Just make sure to line the lower pod with a thin layer of polyfil.

What would be the best 6.5 lower pod adapters, (ie) what are most people using are the MUTAZU ones the got to brand or are there other better ones.
I have a 2013 limited so i already have the factory glove boxes, I would just need to take off the outer door and install the speaker adapters.

AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

since you have the lowers already, most are using the CVO pods from HD.

ALUCARD19

February 25, 2015, 09:45:31 AM #12 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:04:52 AM by ALUCARD19
Are the CVO pods better than the Mutazu pods and what is the cost on the CVO pods and do they come with speaker grills.
What are the part #'s for the CVO pods.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

Me personally, i feel they're of equal quality.  Just use HD hardware to mount them.  What comes with Mutazu parts is all plastic.  Throw it in the trash and get the HD mounting parts.
not sure on the cost.  for some reason I'm thinking I paid about $35 each for the pods and then the grills are like $30 each or you can use your own grills.

ALUCARD19

OK Nutz, I have ordered the CVO lower pods #'s 57410-11 left, and 57419-11 right, the parts dept. guy at KUTTER HD told me that I can use the screws and clips from my current glove boxes to mount the new CVO front pods, I guess I will see in about a week when they come in.
Now I just have to start saving for the BT4180 amp and the BT477 speakers, Bill told me to just ask for the grills and wire harness in the notes section when I order it online or to just remind him if I call and order it through him.
Oh well what's another $700.00 anyways, I've already dropped $6,000.00 in mods already on my bike this winter.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

i know this is easy for me to say because it ain't mine to spend but.. it's just money..   :hyst:

ALUCARD19

That's just what I tell my wife every day when a new package arrives, that's why I work overtime.
20% to daddy and 80% to momma and the house.
         AMA Life Member #35524

Gannicus

Quote from: ALUCARD19 on February 25, 2015, 07:26:14 AM
I am just looking at all the better possibilities out there.
I have some time on my hands until I save up for the lower fairing speakers and the BT4180 amp, probably sometime mid summer, plus I like to be different as long as the quality is comperable to the BT speakers.

LOL. . . I've been though ALL the possibilities CARD. At the end of the day on a motorcycle BT wins hands down. Just being weather resistant and a lifetime warranty will start the conversation.

UltraNutZ

what?  you mean all this stuff has a lifetime warranty?    :fish:

Gannicus

Quote from: ALUCARD19 on February 25, 2015, 07:43:14 AM
So then even with the V-Twin audio spacer adapters the 6.5 titans won't fit either.
If that's true then I'm glad I held off on buying the 6.5 titans during the group buy and only got the 7.1's for the upper fairing.

The Titan II's fit in the rear pods with the V-Twin adaptors. Virtually any 6.5 speaker fits those adapters.  I have a set.

ALUCARD19

So how about this set up, this will be my final install BT7P1 upper fairing, BT477 lower fairing, Infinity Kappa 62.11i rear speaker pods and BT4180 for the upper and lower fairing and the SS PN4.520D for the rear speaker pods + 1 channel left for future upgrades.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

if you don't care about FM reception go for it.  I would however suggest this change.

7.1" in fairing
477 in lowers
Vtwin pod adapters with Titan II 6.5 back there
your lid speakers later on, make sure they're 4 ohm

then only use the 4180 to drive it all.

front channels to drive the fairing and lowers in parallel
rear channels to drive the pods and lids in parallel.

that will put all 4 channels being driven at 2 ohms and that 4180 will sing..

ALUCARD19

I already have the 62.11i speakers and everything else, only the BT4180 will be ordered during the spring sale at BT in about 3-4 weeks I talked to Bill yesterday about this.
Or I could just run the fairing and lowers in parallel off the BT4180 and then run the 62.11i off the other channel and eliminate the PN4.520D completely.
         AMA Life Member #35524

Gannicus

Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 26, 2015, 05:22:54 AM
what?  you mean all this stuff has a lifetime warranty?    :fish:

LMAO! Dam nice ain't it!

haze324

February 26, 2015, 10:58:52 AM #24 Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:43:59 AM by haze324
Quote from: UltraNutZ on February 26, 2015, 05:50:56 AM

7.1" in fairing
477 in lowers
Vtwin pod adapters with Titan II 6.5 back there
your lid speakers later on, make sure they're 4 ohm

then only use the 4180 to drive it all.

Not trying to hijack, but I was contemplating this as well.  Current set-up PPI 900.4 is 220 @2ohm according to AAWAV's test.  I'm running 7.1's in the fairing like AL, and was thinking for lowers either add a second amp PPI 350.2 and perhaps some Kappa's (budget for speakers is 120 bucks).  BUT without the second amp I can swing a pair ot Titan II's in the lowers.

Sooooo what would be louder/sound better.  A second amp and 100-120 speakers and keep the 7.1's driven by the 900.4 (150 @4ohm), or add titans and drive them both from the same amp in parrallel 110w to each? 

Sorry to jump in.  I was also curious about using other speakers that not everyone is using  :potstir: