May 05, 2024, 02:39:57 PM

News:

Road Glide lowers vents

Started by quikbike, March 22, 2009, 03:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quikbike

Just got home from Daytona last Saturday and after burning my legs in FL with the lowers on my bike I knew I needed to do something to get some air through these things. I saw the Hoppee Industries vents at Destination Daytona but the 200 dollar price tag kind of scared me away because I figured a 300 dollar Power Commander was going to be needed as well. Sunday while surfing around looking for options I ran across these at  http://www.classicmotorcycleairvents.com/ for 39.99 plus shipping. I installed them yesterday and aside from a little stress taking a dremel to my new lowers I think they are going to work out good.

jeff

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
I hate snow

Bigs

I wonder if they would work with the Hoppe vents already installed. The Hoppe Air-Max vents work good when your running but it gets to hot in traffic in the summer so I take the lowers off. I'm not sure if more air flow in the lowers would help or not when your in traffic.
   Bigs

Grumpy : (

Jeff, they look good.

Bigs, nothing works when you're sittng still unless you install a fan.  Living here in FL, I wouldn't install lowers, it never gets cold long enough to need them.

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL