April 28, 2024, 02:41:42 AM

News:

JBL P963 Speakers

Started by wmoor004, March 04, 2015, 04:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmoor004

Hello All

Is it possible to mount the P963 speakers in the faring lowers? If so, what is the best method? I ask because of the external crossover. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

UltraNutZ

you're not going to get 6x9s in the lowers without a special pod and then the pod will only fit non-vented lowers.  I just bought a set of pods and NVFL painted from Kerry's Cycles.  kerrygren39@gmail.com

The crossovers, you're going to want to mount inside the fairing.  I see others mounting crossovers using velcro and such to the underside of the pod inside the lower but you're then exposing them to the elements.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

wmoor004

Kool - I spoke with Kerry, following your advice, yesterday and ordered the PODS. She is from my town and the company is great with an awesome painter!

Looks like I am on my way! Thank you for the advice!

AAWAV

so a 6x9 fits in the lowers?????????
wmoor004 - I did see you PM on the other forum, just wans not sure how to answer yet  :embarrassed:

you WILL like the P963 - they'll take ANY power you throw at them....
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

wmoor004

LOL!!! Thank you WAV! Yes, I am trying to put 6x9s in my lower faring - lets call it an experiment!  :bike:

Also, which do you guys prefer: Hog tune lids (Biketronic) or Harley lids? I have read something about leaks in aftermarket lids but I am not sure. Help me spend my wifes money!!!

UltraNutZ

March 04, 2015, 11:02:08 AM #5 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:17:31 AM by UltraNutZ
I would use the "kit" from BT mainly because even though it's HT lids, they've got the art of installing these down-pat with the necessary parts where they won't leak.

On the other hand, the CVO lids I have (bought prior to Pez releasing his HT lids) utilize the BT479 kit with the adapter plate.  Been in there for sometime and been in plenty of rain.  Nary a leak.

The advantage IMO the CVO lids provides is only if you have something other than a black lid.  You can get them perfectly color matched directly from HD.

The lids you want to stay away from is the Cycle Sounds lids which are nothing more than Mutazu or Fairing Factory lids.  At least that's been my own personal experience with them.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

wmoor004

Cool - I am going to purchase the Hogtunes lids! They will ship tomorrow whereas the HD Lids will take/can take up to 8 weeks!  :banghead: Money well spent!!!