April 27, 2024, 01:52:00 PM

News:

Single Din For late models

Started by gordonr, March 04, 2015, 05:49:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonr

We got one of these Metra pn# 99-9700 In today. Has anyone considered taking out a their factory unit and installing one of these?

"If was easy everyone would do it"

UltraNutZ

several people have already done it with the 4.3 units.  Haven't seen anyone pull that POS 6.5 system out yet.

I talked with Alan @ Mutazu and Andy @ Fairing Factory on Monday.  Both have the 14/15 models 2-speaker and 4-speaker batwing and roadglide double-din fairings in the works.  Mutazu has a double-din pre 14 batwing fairing in the works also.

Be interesting to see how the masses flood the fleabay market with these POS HD head units when those are released.  Guestimates are mid-late summer for releases.

Something else to note on these.  Although the box doesn't show it, there is an additional Axxess module included that takes care of the CAN High and CAN Low signals from the handlebars.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Modes

Pulling the unit out of a '15 road glide will require the installation kit to incorporate the receivers for the center wind tunnel to snap into.

Adam

UltraNutZ

I'm thinking as big as these guys are in China.. they probably have that covered.  I have a 2-D drawing from FF on the 4 speaker setup for the 14+ batwings but nothing detailed enough to post valid information on.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons