May 04, 2024, 01:11:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Help - SERT error when loading file

Started by tanglefootrkc, March 22, 2009, 07:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanglefootrkc

Was going through uploading new tuning file, read ECM information, waited, pressed program ECM, got about 70% through and stpped. Says it has file saved and I need to restore existing. Can't figure out how, if I try to close program it tells me I will lose all ecm information. Anybody have any suggestions. TIA
11 FLTRU
Powervision w/wideband O2

ViennaHog

Which SERT version, bike, calibration # etc.?

tanglefootrkc

It is version 4.53, map is 127 EV100.
11 FLTRU

ViennaHog

That's a very old version, the latest one is 4.77 and it may well be the case that your ECM is not fully compatible to this outdated software release. Anyway, there is a recovery procedure in the help files which sadly never really worked for me. Give this a shot first and then try to locate a recent version of the SERT software. I was lucky once in a similar situation by using the 4.77 version and got a stuck flash back to work.
Worst case is a trip to the dealer for a stock reflash (might require a trailer).

Good luck

tanglefootrkc

After some suggestions, I was able to locate the recovery information in the help section. I was able to rest the ecm by pulling the negative battery cable for 10 seconds and reconnecting. Got ECM information, tried to install map, stopped at 73% again. Disconnected and reconnected battery, got ecm information, turned ignition switch off, disconnected and reconnected data cable, turned igition back on, hit program ecm, and it loaded the map 100%.

Now I just need to get some gas and see if the build I have done fires up!
11 FLTRU

ViennaHog

Great that it worked for you. Consider the 4.77 software. PM me if you like.

tanglefootrkc

March 24, 2009, 06:02:19 AM #6 Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 06:06:48 AM by tanglefootrkc
ViennaHog,

I had v4.77 downloaded to my laptop, but running vista. I had v4.53 loaded on the wifes laptop, running XP. What was upgraded from 4.53 to 4.77? When I had 4.77 installed on my computer, maps appeared to be the same. I have an 05 FLHRCI, that I just did cams, lifters, bored out to 3.880, KB flattops, heads ported, new intake 1.90, heads milled to 81cc, .045 hd hg. 9.5/1 static, 8.9/1 corrected compression. Installed 127EV100 map, that was the closest map I found for my build.

I am hoping that the TTS Mastertune upgrade will be released for the 05's at the end of the month, per Steve Cole. I couldn't wait to fire the bike up after I finished putting my build together. Hoping they have it set up so I can add O2 sensors so I can tune my bike!
11 FLTRU

ViennaHog

Installed 4.77 on my Vista notebook, ran w/o a problem. Not so on a desktop, seems hit and miss. I understand that the 176 maps were significantly changed over earlier versions and there could be some hidden improvements over previous version.

ViennaHog

What is the part # of your ECM? Could give a hint on the upgrade potential. If it is a -06, chances are good that you can do the upgrade yourself which basically involves wiring the sensors to the ECM, the bungs and a flash with a 176 cal. Discussed that with one of the real knowledgeable guys around here. Did that on a 06 non closed loop Dyna and it was easy enough.

tanglefootrkc

ECM #32498-05. Hopefully they (Scott Cole) will come up with something for the 05's!
11 FLTRU