April 27, 2024, 01:59:31 PM

News:

Rockford Fosgate Harley kit?

Started by Eccool, March 08, 2015, 06:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eccool

What do you guys think about the kit that RF sells that includes an amp and speakers (either two or four)?  Is it any good?  Thanks!

Gannicus

Eccool - If you are referring to the R1-HD4-9813 Harley Motorcycle Kit with the amp and speakers, I for one have a couple issues with this set up as follows:

1. 5.25 speakers
2. 40 watt amp.

You are simply not going to get high quality sound with this set up. It's almost a clone to the boom and hog tune systems. It will no doubt sound better than stock. But that's just about where it begins and ends. For the price ($399.00) you can do much better! Rockford Fosgate has some very nice products out there for our bikes but sadly this is not one of them.

Eccool

UltraNutZ

Quote from: Gannicus on March 08, 2015, 12:54:42 PM
Eccool - If you are referring to the R1-HD4-9813 Harley Motorcycle Kit with the amp and speakers, I for one have a couple issues with this set up as follows:

1. 5.25 speakers
2. 40 watt amp.

You are simply not going to get high quality sound with this set up. It's almost a clone to the boom and hog tune systems. It will no doubt sound better than stock. But that's just about where it begins and ends. For the price ($399.00) you can do much better! Rockford Fosgate has some very nice products out there for our bikes but sadly this is not one of them.

:agree:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

brett2413

I went with the Rockford Fosgate kit that has the 60 amp/ 4 channel and upgraded 5.25 speakers (just cause that's what the wallet could afford) and I have to say I'm not disappointed. It has great sound at 75-80 mph and easy to install. Is it the best NO is it the worst NO. I can upgrade the speakers to the 7.25 in the fairing at a later date and get more out of it. But my wife said she couldn't hear her ear buds at full volume due to the radio.....she's not a fan of the older rock-n-roll. My next audio upgrade will be the speakers in the lowers.....btw this is on a 2013 UL.