April 27, 2024, 03:19:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2009 Chevy HHR Radio

Started by Skin, March 09, 2015, 03:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skin

The Wife came home the other day and told me the radio stopped working. It displays "NO VIN" and will not turn on. She stopped by the Dealer and they told her, they've never seen the radio do that. I checked the fuses and they are all good.  Any ideas?

tdgriff

Looks like you need to get a code. The dealer should have it . I think it some how locked itself out. I would go to a different dealer.

Ohio HD

Wayne, I think it's an issue of the radio not communicating to the ECM. A dealer should be able to see that. Not sure what causes it, radio not working any longer, or just needs a code or something cleared? Have you tried a ODBII code reader to see if it shows up? If you don't have one, Auto Zone or O'reilly's will scan the vehicle at no charge. 

lilchief

Had a Suburban once that the battery kept dying on. Every time I'd get it started again, the radio was locked out. I had to look up online how to unlock it, but there is a code to do it. IIRC I just did a google search & found it.

Lil Chief