April 27, 2024, 01:11:57 PM

News:

boom or hogtune

Started by roy95, March 10, 2015, 02:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roy95

2014 street glide want to change speakers only which is better boom at $200 or hogtune  at $125

haze324

I think the consensus is you can find better speakers than either of those in that price range, and if that if you're going to invest in better speakers you really need an amp for them to make a difference.

shagyluke

"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

tdgriff

Gannicus

I agree with the guys. Neither speaker is worth the time and effort of taking the fairing off. If your are going to tear into your fairing put some quality speakers in there and an amp.

roy95

can I get the part number of a speaker set that would be worth putting in not able to do the amp at this time

shagyluke

Quote from: haze324 on March 10, 2015, 06:19:23 PM
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_36626_Infinity_6211i.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison&gclid=COSr_rSQn8QCFYI_aQodzUsAHA

Infinity Kappa 62.11i - 119.00

What's your budget. Even the smallest amp is better than the stock unit.

Those are what I have installed on my 15 RGS with a BT4180. You can upgrade with an amp later..

roy95

If i install the infinity 62.11i is there anything else that i would need will my harness work thanks ..

shagyluke

Quote from: roy95 on March 11, 2015, 08:24:31 AM
If i install the infinity 62.11i is there anything else that i would need will my harness work thanks ..

It will work. Just clip off the connectors and strip the wire as the Infinity's are screw down connectors. If you decide to go with an amp I would get a hold of Bill at Bike Tronics or Vtwin audio.
Tell them what your plans are and they can tell you what you need as far as wiring.