Iron Cross Audio BLUETOOTH UPGRADE???????

Started by brett2413, March 12, 2015, 06:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brett2413

Anyone here dealt with them and had this done to the factory head unit? Found it yesterday and thought it sounded like a good route to go to get bluetooth and keep the original unit and the price is good at $140.00.

UltraNutZ

You'd be hard-pressed to find negative info about Iron Cross Audio and anything they do to a stock head unit.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Jeevz

You won't find a better outfit than Iron Cross.  Tony has helped me on more than one occasion even when it wasn't an Iron Cross issue.  :up: :up:

brett2413

Great to know guys, thanks.
Now to find my knee pads and kiss up to the wife.

shagyluke

Quote from: brett2413 on March 12, 2015, 06:42:48 AM

My wife keeps my knee pads on her night stand. I would look there first.  :hyst:

"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

brett2413

Quote from: shagyluke on March 12, 2015, 10:54:08 AM
Quote from: brett2413 on March 12, 2015, 06:42:48 AM

My wife keeps my knee pads on her night stand. I would look there first.  :hyst:
Looked there, she must know I'm up to something cause I can't find my jewels or mancard either.

UltraNutZ

you guys are whipped..

My wife realized a long time ago that I wear the pants in the family because she says I do.    :hyst:

Copyless

While you are kissing up to her, I would suggest a little extra kissing, because if you remove the unit and send it to IC, you will also want to have the preamps installed, this mod is most likely the best money ever spent on the HU. I also think every HU sent to them should have the normal "preventive maintenance" that they perform, these options are up to you, and they may already be doing the preventive maintenance procedures, I don't know, just something else I thought I throw out there for you to think about.

brett2413

Quote from: Copyless on March 12, 2015, 08:12:36 PM
While you are kissing up to her, I would suggest a little extra kissing, because if you remove the unit and send it to IC, you will also want to have the preamps installed, this mod is most likely the best money ever spent on the HU. I also think every HU sent to them should have the normal "preventive maintenance" that they perform, these options are up to you, and they may already be doing the preventive maintenance procedures, I don't know, just something else I thought I throw out there for you to think about.
Oh wonderful, something else to think about, OK let's just imagine for an instance that I'm an AUDIO IDIOT what good would I get from pre amps and will they work with the RF amp/speakers system that I installed? It is the 4 channel 60watts per system. The system works good now but you know, More is More. May not be better, just more.

UltraNutZ

I would not go through that trouble.  Not worth the expense IMO.

brett2413

Plus I plan on installing a set of speakers in my lowers in a couple weeks. When I send the wife to her mothers up north for a vacation.....wink,wink.

JustDennis

Iron Cross does excellent work and reasonable. I have had a radio repaired, six port moved to back and amp outputs added. Highly recommend them
2010 FLHXSE, 2001 FLSTC

CVOThunder

Sounds like great options. I imagine that all of this will void the factory warranty. Between this and engine/trans upgrades I almost regret buying the ESP. Decision time.
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.

Bladesmith

While your at it check out their iPod adapter....All iPod controls work with stock handlebar switches..Great unit, great company......For radio problems, who else are you going to call?
If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

fallenhillbilly

What flash do they use? And do you have to send the head unit.I thought  this was a software problems..more money at this stupid thing..to get what it should already have. Thanks harley. .

UltraNutZ

fallenhillbilly

:oops: thanks just went to their Web site.was hoping I could lose the cable from headset.

Just Nick

Quote from: brett2413 on March 13, 2015, 07:13:26 AM
Plus I plan on installing a set of speakers in my lowers in a couple weeks. When I send the wife to her mothers up north for a vacation.....wink,wink.

Make it a long visit then bring it in and we can do that 107
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

brett2413

Quote from: Just Nick on May 15, 2015, 09:32:12 PM

That will have to wait for a bit, started building my man-cave, but once it's done and paid for it's on. Plus then I'll have some place to do my taxidermy and reloading.

Just Nick

Quote from: brett2413 on May 20, 2015, 06:25:43 AM
Quote from: Just Nick on May 15, 2015, 09:32:12 PM

That will have to wait for a bit, started building my man-cave, but once it's done and paid for it's on. Plus then I'll have some place to do my taxidermy and reloading.

Your just to expensive
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong