May 08, 2024, 03:18:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Biketronics mounting plate & Kappa 62.11i speakers?

Started by Bertk, March 12, 2015, 06:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bertk

If I have to play with thee 2015 speaker pods again I would like to just replace them with the BT mounting plates. Has anyone mounted the Kappa 62.11i speakers to these plates? 
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

UltraNutZ

The BT plates are designed around the 7.1" speakers so the hole is going to be a bit larger than the Kappa speakers are but with a little ingenuity, it can be done.    :up:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Bertk

Quote from: UltraNutZ on March 12, 2015, 06:44:24 AM
The BT plates are designed around the 7.1" speakers so the hole is going to be a bit larger than the Kappa speakers are but with a little ingenuity, it can be done.    :up:
Do you think it would be just drilling new holes in the plate, or would I need to ring to reduce the size of the existing speaker hole in the BT plate?
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

UltraNutZ

I guess a good comparison would be lowers.  The Titan II 6.5" and Kappas are the same diameter so they fit perfectly.  The 7.1" are about 1/2" larger in overall diameter.  Maybe ask Bill if he's got a 6.5" plate already made.  might save you some trouble.

Biketronics Inc

Quote from: Bertk on March 12, 2015, 06:42:59 AM
If I have to play with thee 2015 speaker pods again I would like to just replace them with the BT mounting plates. Has anyone mounted the Kappa 62.11i speakers to these plates?

Our mounts have our 7.1" pattern and also a "normal" 6.5" pattern. Should work on most 6.5" speakers.

Bill
1-800-735-2419

UltraNutZ

Bertk

Cool, thanks Bill.   :up:
I might just wait and get the 7.1s and the plates together. :speaker:
Ride Safe, Bert
2015 FLHTK & 2008 FLHX

grecocjg

I have installed the BT brackets with the Kappa speakers not a problem at all basically a plug & play. Sound is better but need a AMP to really turn the speakers on and see what they can do.

I'm considering the new hog tunes amp that does not require any flash. has anyone run the Kappa's with the hog tunes AMP?

tdgriff

Quote from: grecocjg on September 21, 2015, 06:12:50 AM
I have installed the BT brackets with the Kappa speakers not a problem at all basically a plug & play. Sound is better but need a AMP to really turn the speakers on and see what they can do.

I'm considering the new hog tunes amp that does not require any flash. has anyone run the Kappa's with the hog tunes AMP?
I don't think that amp will power them the way you would like .