April 28, 2024, 06:55:40 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Biketronics set up help

Started by clayman, March 14, 2015, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clayman

I have just had installed the biketronics 4180 amp, 7.1 pros in the fairing and the 7.1 pods, also the retro radio with a kenwood head unit.
I have been trying to get the sound set up but it's still not sounding that good yet. Very muffled sounding while riding, my stock system was actually clearer while riding.
2013 ultra limited
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

UltraNutZ

sometimes it's best to walk away and come back later.  I actually had to do that with my own setup this past weekend.

also when adjusting for sound sometimes you do more harm than good with all the EQ settings, etc.  My suggestion would be to reset the head unit and start all over again with it.

This is all assuming the wiring of the speakers is correct to the amp.  + need to go to + and so forth.  If you have 1 speaker crossed the entire system will be out of phase and sound like crap.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

clayman

Ive tried the factory pre set eq settings and the still sound flat. Would having a wire hooked up wrong cause what im describing? It sounds like the speakers have a pillow over them.
Thanks fo rthe feed back UltraNutz

UltraNutZ

you sure you don't have your amp inputs connected to the subwoofer output of the head unit?

lonewolf

clayman

No I don't think there are any wiring issues. It sounds very good in my garage or on the side of the road. It's when I'm riding at cruising speeds that it doesn't sound that great. I'm thinking I need to adjust the audio settings but lots of options to choose from. Does less bass lend to better sound while cruising?
Thanks

UltraNutZ

with that 4180 driving those 7.1" speakers, that should be rocking!

Yes on the bass.  You won't hear much of it at highway speeds anyways.

clayman

Maybe that's why it has been sounding muffled at hwy speeds. Thanks for your input ultrnutz. I'll play with it more next ride.