Hawg-Wired HUA360 not functioning properly

Started by ALUCARD19, March 17, 2015, 10:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALUCARD19

I have been having trouble with my Kenwood X798 HU  hooked up to a HUA360 control module where when playing music through the front USB connector from my thumb drive a song will start to play for 5-10 seconds and then the song will restart and play normally then after 2-3 songs sometimes longer the same thing will happen again.
I have checked all the wires in my handlebars and so has my indy and we find no pinched or cut wires.
And on the (other forum) others are having this same problem.
Currently V-Twin Audio is looking into it since this is from using the Hawg-Wired HUA360 control module.
This is Hawg-Wired response.
Hi Alfred,

Normally when we get complaints like this it is more often than not one of the following:

1)      Extended bars (Extensions have rubbed and there is a short)

2)      Switch going bad

3)      Chrome Switch covers put on and a wire has been pinched

The HUA360 is software based so if it is only one command that is not working it is highly unlikely that it is the unit.  We have seen where an entire side was not working but that was due to the DIP switches being in the wrong position.

I suggest callingl Brian or Alan up at VTwin as they are probably more familiar with your installation and could probably give you some areas to check and test.

Thank you,

Rich

Hawg Wired

"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

March 17, 2015, 10:30:36 AM #1 Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:24:00 AM by UltraNutZ
easy way to test it would be disconnect the HW control unit.  Plug in your USB device.. if it acts the same way, then you know it's not the HW unit and either the head unit or the USB device
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

ALUCARD19

I will have to try that when I get home, but it just seems funny that someone else is having the exact same problem with their HUA360 unit.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

well I agree with HW's response in that if the device is going to screw up it's going to be regardless of what the source of music is.

ALUCARD19

Well once again BT comes through, Bill answered my plea for help and said that it was probably the grey/white wire in the right switch housing that was grounding out.
I took apart the switch housing and indeed the grey/white wire was pinched between the two halves of the housing so I wrapped it in electrical tape and moved the wires out of harms way, reassembled and took the bike for a ride and bang on the handlebars and no more problems with the back button.
Problem solved, thanks to Bill at Biketronics, and that is why he has such loyal customers because he goes out of his way to help people.
         AMA Life Member #35524

UltraNutZ

gotta love that.. not even his product but a competitors product and you still got help.

A lot of you guys are slowly realizing why I've preached BT and Iron Cross Audio for so long.  I have nothing to do with either (other than all trying to help each other resolve technical issues) but I'm pretty well known for calling a spade a spade.  :hyst:  These 2 companies cannot be beat for customer service, period!   :up:

Gannicus