April 27, 2024, 09:08:04 AM

News:

Another Biketronics ?

Started by 12 street glide, March 18, 2015, 09:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12 street glide

2012 street glide i want amp and speakers.

is there that much different in the pros vs regular 7.1
and just doing fairing speakers now might do lids down the road.
so not sure if i should do 2180 or 4180.

UltraNutZ

as much as I would like to say yes, I would say no.  The pro series are definitely a better speaker but much of what you gain in fidelity with your wallet and sitting still is completely lost when cruising down the road at 70+ MPH.

Unless you need fader control, I would go with the 2180 in your setup.  If you do lids later on, then use a good 4 ohm speaker and you can simply wire those speakers in parallel with your fairing speakers to drop the ohm load the amp sees down to 2 ohm which increases the output power of the amplifier so you'll essentially wind up with the same amount of power the 2180 puts out on 2 speakers, in a 4 speaker setup.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

tdgriff

Blues Guy

I have a 2014 FLHTCU, stock 4.3 HU - basically in the same boat. Was really leaning towards the BT 4180 with Pros and maybe some Titans in the lowers.  No interest at this point in updating anything on the rear. Reading the above comments as well as a jillion others related to upgrades still has me scratching my head  :banghead: (that contains well worn 60 year-old ears):
       Just go with the 7.1's?
       Will the addition of the lowers make much difference? 
       With all of the issues regarding flashing the HU wait until resolved or
          bite the bullet and replace the HU which frankly may exceed my installation skills or lack thereof?

OR quit reading all these audio forums and go back to just listening to the exhaust notes? :scoot:
I spend a lot of money on my Harley, whisky and books. The rest I just squander.

shagyluke

anything is a upgrade from stock.. I have the 4180 and love that I can hear going 60+ down the HWY. Wish I had treble and base control but I have plenty of vol..
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.