Why cant I use a newer Softail seat on an 84-99 Softail

Started by jclark311, November 08, 2008, 08:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclark311

Why cant I use a newer Softail seat on an 84-99 Softail

d-dog

I believe the frame on the TCs is wider than the Evos.
Dog

TheSwede

Hi jclark,,I have an old Softail myself..there is so many
options on the market to old Softails,, Le Pera is just one,
I was lucky to hunt down an improved stock seat.91768-96

Best Regards
TheSwede

FSG

I've always advised people that they won't fit because the frame is different, that said I know a lot of guys have reported that they have made them fit (forced?).  Perhaps I need to fit(!) one of my seats to a friends Evo to see what actually needs to be forced, if at all.  :emsad:

lionsm13

I think that you could use the newer seat, you just might have to use the drill and pop rivet gun to make it work.

jclark311

I really want something that looks like the original seat, I have not seen much in the aftermarket that looks like it. The stock seat has been discontinued. I like the newer Deluxe seat, I wonder if i can modify one to work, thats a good looking seat, and everybody is getting rid of theres for aftermarket.

jclark311

Yea but I am looking for a Solo and back seat pad, then i need a sissy bar and back pad for the wife, and they all need to match.

Caper

Quote from: jclark311 on November 10, 2008, 06:20:34 PM
Yea but I am looking for a Solo and back seat pad, then i need a sissy bar and back pad for the wife, and they all need to match.

Try a Mustang, You and your wife will like it. JMO best replacement for a stock seat.

http://www.mustangseats.com/virtual_catalogs/08/hd/source/73.html

jclark311

We I think I will go Mustang, thanks for the input guys!