May 10, 2024, 01:07:02 AM

News:

wiring ACR on a 01

Started by rking1550, March 25, 2015, 09:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rking1550

Need a little help. I've got a 01 road king , working on a new build. I've got some SE heads with ACR installed. How do I wire those so they work on a older carbed bike ?   :beer:
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

Soft 02

"Y" one of each of the solenoid wires to the green wire off the starter circuit and "Y" the other wires to ground. This will activate the ACR's when you are cranking the motor over.
07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

Buffalo

On my 01 T124 I spliced the two positive wires from the ACR's directly into the single green lead on top of the starter. The two negative wires where spliced together, then attached to the ground post for the battery.
This has worked fine for me since 07.
The only caveat would be if the bike was reluctant to start, I wouldn't hold the starter button down for more than 10 seconds or so, it may overheat the ACR windings. 10 seconds is a hell of a long cranking cycle, most engine start in 2-3 if everything is good. fwiw Buffalo

rking1550

great, thanks guys sounds easy enough.  :beer: :beer:
124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

Soft 02

07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

joe_lyons

I would still suggest using a relay and not robbing from the green wire directly.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

BVHOG

Just wired up a set today on an 02 120 inch carbed bike, I have found on builds like this that being wired directly into the starter relay can make for hard starting on builds with moderate compression. I use a momentary switch and hit it when and if I need them, Did the same thing on my 02 127 and it works fantastic. Shoot me your address and I will throw some connector setups in an envelope for you to make building the harness a breeze.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

glens

Do the ACRs have a latching mechanism like the manual releases or are they held open solely by their coils while energized?

UltraNutZ

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

glens