April 28, 2024, 07:48:38 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Stereo w/Biketronics module

Started by Flhfxd, April 01, 2015, 09:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flhfxd

Howdy, I put a Dual Marine radio with CD and Bluetooth in my '94 dresser and used Biketronics BT1006 Retro Radio kit and it all works except the volume will not stay down low if I turn it down. After a minute or so it starts to creep back up and will not stop till it maxes out at full volume. So I spend too much time fiddling with the volume and possibly losing focus on all the idiots in cars trying to kill me....
Any suggs?
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

Biketronics Inc

Could be a couple things, do you know how old our part is or the rev?  Rev should be on the label.  This would usually be a pinched wire but on the older bikes it could also be an issue with the speed sensor and/or speedometer cable.  The cable gets sticky and messes with our auto vol control function.  We can turn that off as a troubleshooting step, but will need the rev to tell you how.

Bill
1-800-735-2419

UltraNutZ

there's some customer service for ya..   :up:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Flhfxd

Sure enough that is great service! I have the bike up on the lift for an unrelated issue so when I get to pulling the outer fairing I'll get that REV #. Would that number be printed on the sheet that comes with the module? Thanks Biketronics people. I'll be in touch....
Cheers, Flhfxd.

Biketronics Inc

If you got it directly from us I can look it up, just PM me your name.
1-800-735-2419

Flhfxd