May 02, 2024, 05:17:22 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2010 RG head unit is toast....... Water damage I think.....

Started by gabbyduffy, April 04, 2015, 06:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabbyduffy

I think I may have gotten water in the radio while washing the bike. The radio will not turn on and does not work. Is there an after market head unit I can replace the old unit with?........... any suggestions are appreciated. I can not go with out my tunes. Im on a budget so I do not want to get carried away with the price. Thanks fellows...... :wink:
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

rigidthumper

Iron Cross Audio can fix it, maybe for less than an aftermarket unit. I'd call them for price & turn around time before making a decision.  (You have checked fuses, right?)
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

gabbyduffy

I have not checked the fuse yet, what should I be looking for while checking? or should I just replace the fuse. does the local auto store carry the fuses?

UltraNutZ

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Ohio HD

Should also be a spare fuse there, I'd not used already.

gabbyduffy

I Picked up some extra fuses at auto zone. Yellow 15a fuses I picked up don't fit snug enough, it almost seems the blades are too thin............ What kind of fuse do I need and do I need to get it from HD.

shagyluke

Quote from: gabbyduffy on April 27, 2015, 06:37:06 PM
       I Picked up some extra fuses at auto zone. Yellow 15a fuses I picked up don't fit snug enough, it almost seems the blades are too thin............ What kind of fuse do I need and do I need to get it from HD.

Take out the fuse and take it with you to the parts store. get the same one and replace it. Dont get it from Harley unless you want to pay five times what you can get for the same fuse at the auto store..When you replaced the one that didnt fit right did the radio come back with power? You can look at the fuse and see if it has blown. there will be a break in the line.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.