April 27, 2024, 03:50:27 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Radio splash cover

Started by gabbyduffy, April 07, 2015, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabbyduffy

Do these radio splash covers really work? how do they stay on and how do you access the radio once they are on?
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

vafatboy1

They stay in place by friction. Can't access radio when on.  Not sure if it works yet, but I would say they will work as a splash cover. They will not make it waterproof.

tdgriff

Quote from: gabbyduffy on April 07, 2015, 06:55:23 PM
   Do these radio splash covers really work? how do they stay on and how do you access the radio once they are on?
what cover are you talking about? Some work and some don't vtwin audio is the best one I have found.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: gabbyduffy on April 07, 2015, 06:55:23 PM
yes sir they work.  There's a couple out there from Biketronics and from V-Twin Audio with the V-Twin being an expensive piece but worth it IMO.

Quote from: vafatboy1 on April 07, 2015, 08:03:40 PM
They stay in place by friction. Can't access radio when on.  Not sure if it works yet, but I would say they will work as a splash cover. They will not make it waterproof.
you shouldn't be fooling with your radio when riding anyways.. that's what handlebar controls are for.  Keep your eyes on the road!   :hyst:

Quote from: tdgriff on April 10, 2015, 10:47:20 AM
what cover are you talking about? Some work and some don't vtwin audio is the best one I have found.

:agree:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons