May 01, 2024, 10:17:57 PM

News:

Bridging?

Started by Snowman88, April 10, 2015, 06:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowman88

Ok I have a basic idea how this is done but would like a little more info on this. I have a Cerwin Vega B4 coming soon and was hoping to bridge the 4 channels to just the front speakers.
Is there a wiring diagram anywhere for this?

Snowman88
Snowman88

Coyote

Don't think that amp is bridgeable.  Sorry

Copyless

The amp is bridgeable, but only at 4 ohms, so be sure to have the correct set up. The B4 is a 150wx4@2ohm or 80wx4@4ohm amp, if bridged it is capable of  300wx2@4ohms, it can not be bridged to 1 or 2 ohms.

Like most all amps that are bridgeable (and depending on the bridge modes available), on the B4 you will connect the front side,,  right channel + ,, and left channel -,, to one speaker, and to the other speaker you will do the same with the rear side, so, rear side,, right channel +,, and left channel -. The biggest thing I would like to point out once more is, this will bring the amps power to 300 watts per speaker, and not many speakers (if any) other than subs, that fit on a motorcycle will handle this output, but that is the way to do it.

Snowman88

Thanks for the info. Copyless
I do have a set of Cerwin Vega V465 speakers that can supposedly take 400 watts so we will see if they can take it. LOL

I'm still waiting on a couple parts to arrive but hopefully will have this cranked up by the middle of next week.

Snowman88
Snowman88

acchd

How'd it go bridging the CV-B4?