April 27, 2024, 02:46:24 PM

News:

Pipes?

Started by 05RK1, March 25, 2009, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

05RK1

Looking to do an upgrade on wife's XL1200C.  Gonna go with slip-ons and a/c  Kinda stuck on s/e but wifey thinks she want to go with vance and hines.  I think she just wants me to think she is onto something.  How do the two compare?

96FLSTF

Nothing wrong with V&Hs pipes, a name everyone knows & trusts.
I added Krome Werks Slip-ons on the wife's 05 xl1200C. They do use the crossover pipe (hidden behind the) which help performance & they are of great quality, sound & perform well for lots less money.

Gene
05 95" FLHRSI
96 FLSTF ("Street Stalker")

calif phil

Cycle Shack makes some great sounding slip on's.

Sportsterboy

Wife had SE slash downs on her Hugger and they sounded much better (deeper/not as loud) as the Cycle Shacks that I had on my 1200  Custom.  She put SE slash downs on her SuperGlide and they sound good too.... :wink:

SteveH

I own an '04 1200C with s/e II slip ones. Personally, I think they make for some of the best sounding pipes available. I ride with a guy who has a fat boy ('05, I believe). He has a Vance/Hines complete system, that he paid $900.00 for installed. In my opinion, the s/e II's sound much better (for roughly $250.00 5 years ago, installed myself). Not too loud, but with a real nice "bark" under throttle. I know the Fat boy & 1200C aren't the same, so I'm kinda comparing apples & oranges. Or at least Granny Smith's & Red Delicious. However, The Vance & Hines are better LOOKING because they are a complete exhaust as opposed to just a muffler. But, without any doubt I'd go with the s/e II's. Not Sure what year you wife has, just be mindful of the fuel injection/O2 sensor (if equipped). I'm told these are much more sensitive to even basic mods.