Wheel oil seals; difference between 47519-72 and 47519-83A ?

Started by 1982fxr, April 15, 2015, 08:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1982fxr

FSG

the -83A is wider than the -72 by around 100 thou, the -72 is Steel body while the -83A is Rubber

1982fxr

are they supposed to be interchangeable?  or does one work better or something?

FSG

they were never listed as interchangeable (that I know of) but I wouldn't let that stop me using a rubber -83A in lieu of a -72

Some of the early hubs may not be able to take that extra 100 thou so it'd boil down to that.

I'd use the -83A simply because it's rubber and would (IMO) fit into the hubs and seal better.

76shuvlinoff

I've used both and they work, I like the rubber better.

I think that's that same seal in the swingarm but it's been a long time since I had the swingarm apart.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Racepres

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on April 16, 2015, 02:35:56 AM

I think that's that same seal in the swingarm but it's been a long time since I had the swingarm apart.

Mark
Yes..it is the same as the swing arm, and another place , that of course I can't come up with right now!

Old Crow

Quote from: Racepres on April 16, 2015, 06:24:53 AM
Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on April 16, 2015, 02:35:56 AM

Mark
Yes..it is the same as the swing arm, and another place , that of course I can't come up with right now!

Back of the inner primary maybe?
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.