May 02, 2024, 02:39:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2013 or newer Harley head unit pullout

Started by thirdjld, April 18, 2015, 06:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirdjld

I have a 2009 Electra Glide Classic. The Main upgrade I want to do right now is to find a unit that has a CD player that plays over 20 tracks and plays MP3's as well. I know 2013's do, not sure on '10-'12. I'll go more on the stereo after I get the 107 in. Now I'm using my phone through the headset jack but would prefer using the CD. If you can help or you think I could go aftermarket cheaper I appreciate any help.
Jarheadhoss
jarheadhoss.usmvmc@gmail.com
It is not the critic who counts;The credit goes to the man who is in the arena

UltraNutZ

HD hasn't changed head units since 2006 through 2013.  If your head unit wont play 20 tracks then you should figure out why..
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

acchd

If you've never done it upgrade your radio firmware.  Link below on tab Other software downloads.  Iron Cross repairs stock HU's for around $250 flat rate.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_US/home/owners/infotainment/software-downloads.html

thirdjld

Thank you much. I've burn't a new CD and verified it plays .MP3, over 30 tracks. Now I have to convert my .wma files to mp3. I burn't my original disc using .cda file type and that only allowed room for 20 songs. Right in my price range right now :doh:
It is not the critic who counts;The credit goes to the man who is in the arena

UltraNutZ

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Tollbooth

Get a 1/8 male on both ends cable and plug your favorite songs/phone into the aux plug, switch the system to aux and jam!!