May 03, 2024, 09:08:14 AM

News:

FT. KNOX KY.

Started by fasthog62, March 25, 2009, 04:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fasthog62

IM IN FT. KNOX KY FOR MY SONS COMBAT TRAINING GRADUATION.
HES BEEN DOWN HERE SINCE JANUARY & I CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM.

WE GET TO SPEND THE DAY WITH HIM TOMARROW.
HE CAN GO OFF BASE WITH US.
IS THERE ANY THING COOL TO DO IN OR AROUND FT KNOX?

THANKS FASTHOG62. :smiled:

guitar sam

that's where i did my basic combat training in 1967.  rained everyday.  do they still have the hills agony and misery they marched us over?
cant tell you where to go, they kept me cooped up and never left me off of the base for 10 weeks. 3.2 beer was the best i could get.

wish him luck

gs
A-14-4 (third platoon is the best platoon)

fasthog62

YA THEY STILL HAVE HILLS .
THEY STILL HAVE THEM WALK AND OR RUN UP THEM WITH ALL THERE GEAR.
@50LB. HE HAS TOLD ME THE NAMES OF THESE HILLS BUT I CANT REMBER THE NAMES.
US ARMY. AND DAM PROUD OF HIM.

Panzer

March 25, 2009, 07:03:38 PM #3 Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:55:58 PM by Panzer
fasthog62 ,
Congratulation proud Dad & Mom. :up: :wink:
Four years ago did the same for my son at Fort Jackson.
Man it was great.
Wait till you see them all lined up, four abreast and the music with the Stars And Stripes at point.
It will bring tears to your eyes.
Make sure he get the 8x10 pix of his squads graduation class.
He will want it in later years.
My son has a "T" shirt (black) with all the names of his grads. squad on it., get that too if they have it and of course the graduation class program.......like 3 or 4 to show others when you get home.
One other thing......don't  be bashful about getting as close as permitted to take snap shots.
It only happens once.
Take Kleenex...............
ARMY OF ONE!!

Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

fasthog62

THANK PANZER.
MY SON AND A ARE CLOSE.
A LOT OF EMOTIONS WILL BE FLOWING.
:smiled:

kybagger

theirs really not a whole lot in the area, Have to go north to Louisville or south to e-town to find  much. if your in to military history check out the Paton museum which is on the base.If you tell what your looking to do I can point ya in the right direction. 

BK Meyers

There are things to do but depends on what you want. I live in Elizabethtown, about 15 miles south of Ft. Knox. Give me a call at 270-723-9254 and I'll try to help with some ideas.

BK
1996 Road King

CraigArizona85248

Congratulations to your son Fasthog.  I went to my step-sons graduation at Fort Benning, GA back in October.  It was a proud moment for him and for me when I got to hang that blue cord on his shoulder.  Enjoy your day with your son.  In the case of my step-son, the Army gave us back a much different young man, ready to face the world.  He's been in Iraq since January.  Thank your son for stepping up for all of us.

-Craig

Edit: Sorry.. I don't know the Ft Knox area.  Can't suggest any cool activity for that area.  But you'll be with your son, so no matter what it will be a good time.

1JITSU1

The Corvette plant and museum is about one hour south on I65 (I think the plant is free)
And one hour north is Louisville slugger base ball bats
That were we went when my son graduationed from Fort Knox
Have fun and im very proud of him

RDKing07

I think mammoth cave is around there

70weight

Took my basic training there in 1966. I imagine things around there has changed a bit since then??
Tell your son we're proud of him and thanks for serving his country, especially in a time of war. :up:
Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the mornings.

flht99b

I was born at the Army hospital at Ft Knox, my dad was stationed there in 1957.  I have always meant to go and visit the base, maybe now that I'm close ( TN ) I'll finally get there. I second that we are proud of your son and thank your family for your sacrifice.
Ed M.

texaskatfish

162,164 Patriot Guard members nationwide say OOOOOOOOOOOOOO-RAH!!!!!

:up: :wink:
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

Dennis The Menace

Congrats to your son, fasthog!  Give him thanks from me and my family.  God Bless him, wherever he goes.

Craig, cngrats on your step sons graduation too.  I was  a Drill at benning, and had a lot of fun with the young guys there.  And, yeah, they come out a lot different than when they come through the door.  I had a lot of f-ed up kids come off the bus, and quite a few couldnt handle it. Proud of those who did, and I pray all of them learned something from me that kept them alive in combat.

A very special thanks to all the vets, and their families.  Toughest jobs in the world, bar none!

Dennis

hawgwild1

G-Sam, 70wght.  Agony, Misery, and Heartbreak are still there. Took basic there too 1982.

fasthog62

:up:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Panzer

:up:
Yup, looked just like my son when he graduated, 4 years ago
Hope you took plenty of pixs and kleenex. :up: :wink:

Congrats again proud dad, feels good, doesn't it?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.