2007 touring ECM be used on a 2007 Softail

Started by MikeL, April 25, 2015, 08:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeL

The reason I ask is I have a 2007 ECM out of an FLHX. It has the HD tuner "black Dongel" TTS master tune. I'm designing a build for the 2007 Softail. Using this tuner would make the build a bit less expensive and most likely hold him over till a better tuner can be installed. I have found out that this tuner is no longer supported but I believe I can find a map to make it work.
I did plug in this ECM to the softail and the engine did start but only ran for a second or 2. This softail happens to have the security fob the FLHX did not.
My question is can this ECM be re flashed?
Can I use the tuner that was married to it ?
Is there a way to use the tuner on the softail? I heard a rumor that this tuner was set up to be married to 2 different bikes.

MIKE   

tommy g

I might be wrong but I'm kinda thinkin it matters how the ecm mounts on the horizontal and vertical as that affects the bank angle sensor function. Touring and Softail mount differently in that respect.
09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

Karl H.

AFAIK the bank angle sensor is integrated in the turn signal module.

Karl
Dyna Wide Glide '03, Softail Deluxe '13, Street Glide '14, Sportster 883R '15

tommy g

09 FLSTC
85 FXEF

FSG

The base level ECM out of a 07 tourer and a 07 softail are the same (P/N 32534-05C) the only difference in their use is the code that is loaded into them.  You could get a dealer to re flash the ECM with the code for the softail.

As Karl says, the bank angle sensor is integrated into the TSM/TSSM.

hrdtail78

Yes, it will work.  The level of calibration that you are going to use is a 176.  This level works with softails and touring for the TTS.  It doesn't matter what the stock cal level is.  Doesn't matter what a dealer can reflash into it.  Doesn't matter if the ECM has the DT locked out of it.  It's all dealing with the same level of calibration once it is flashed with a TTS calibration.  It doesn't matter if the correct VIN is in the ECM.

Perform the procedure to marry the TSSM or TSM and enjoy.

Semper Fi

MikeL

hardtail78" Perform the procedure to marry the TSSM or TSM and enjoy". Is this something that I can do?
Can I install the "FLHX ECM" into the softail and program the tssm via blinking lights and ignition actuation? I would like to get rid of the key fob security it is a big pain in the ass. Do I have to get a TSM to accomplish this?

MIKE

hrdtail78

To get rid of the security the TSSM needs to be replaced by a TSM.

The procedure to follow is on this site somewhere.  Maybe Joe or FSG can point you in the right direction.
Semper Fi

Coyote

2007 uses an HFSM, not a TSSM. You can disable the security feature of the HFSM by setting the key FOB serial numbers to all zeros. You will need a Dig Tech or Centurion to do this.