April 27, 2024, 12:34:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stage 1?

Started by 76shuvlinoff, April 26, 2015, 04:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

76shuvlinoff

Ok guys I have not messed with mobile audio since I bolted the 8 track player under the dash of my 71 Torino.. literally. I wasn't going to screw with the stereo on my bike but I think I am done fiddling with cams, lifters, and tuners ... for now.

2012 Ultra with factory Harman/Kardon unit.
Is there a low level upgrade I install just to get my feet wet? Maybe just a speaker upgrade, additions? Would the return even be worth it?  Remember, total audio virgin here.

Thanks!
Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

tdgriff

Lol you will not stop once you get started. It is a addiction . what are you looking to spend?

Leed

Well I just ordered a pair of Infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers for the faring on my 09 Ultra.  I'll let you know if they're worth it once they come in along with the mounting rings.

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: tdgriff on April 26, 2015, 09:11:14 AM
Lol you will not stop once you get started. It is a addiction . what are you looking to spend?

Since I have little to no experience... I don't know. How light can I get off and still hear a definite improvement? Say I just change to better speakers, would they work with the current system? Is this just a waste of money unless I am going all out?
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Coyote

Stage 1 always sucks.  :hyst:

Coyote

For those wondering....

Stage 1  -  Speakers
Stage 2  -  Amp
Stage 3  -  Speakers and an Amp
Stage 4  -  Give your credit card to Nutz

:teeth:

Nebraskarider1

Got the Boom speakers in my 09 Ultra, definite improvement over stock speakers, if I would have had louder exhaust I would have wanted the amp too but can always upgrade. My 11 RG has J&M Rokkers 7 1/4". They must need the amp because they just don't sound as good as the Boom's in the Ultra

sfmichael

I asked the same question a while back and Nutz said to hear a significant improvement an amp would be needed in addition to the better speakers... :cry:
Colorado Springs, CO.

shagyluke

I didnt go crazy with my stage 3.. I think I am into it about $1000.00. I have a 15 RGS. I installed upper and lower fairing speakers (Infinity 62.11i's) and a Bike Tronics 4180 amp. You can hear me coming down the street. I am more than happy with it just wish someone would get the flash figured so I would have base and treble control.
"I say Grace, and I say Ma'am, If you aint in to that I don't give a damn.

92flhtcu

I sure sell a lot of the Rokford Fosgate 2 and 4 speaker/amp kits. I'm not a big audio guy, radio on my Ultra has not been turned on in 10-12 yrs, but I sure do sell a ton of those kits
That being said, the true audio junkies will say they suck, but for the money I have not had a dealer have any issues with them
Just my .02
Need a bigger garage

tdgriff

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on April 26, 2015, 06:32:25 PM
Quote from: tdgriff on April 26, 2015, 09:11:14 AM

Since I have little to no experience... I don't know. How light can I get off and still hear a definite improvement? Say I just change to better speakers, would they work with the current system? Is this just a waste of money unless I am going all out?
I would have to say yes spend the money and you will be happy.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on April 26, 2015, 04:53:08 AM
Ok guys I have not messed with mobile audio since I bolted the 8 track player under the dash of my 71 Torino.. literally. I wasn't going to screw with the stereo on my bike but I think I am done fiddling with cams, lifters, and tuners ... for now.

2012 Ultra with factory Harman/Kardon unit.
Is there a low level upgrade I install just to get my feet wet? Maybe just a speaker upgrade, additions? Would the return even be worth it?  Remember, total audio virgin here.

Thanks!
Mark

Mark, go for it man.. sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Slap a pair of Kappa 62.11i in the fairing with adapter rings
Slap a pair of Kappa 52.111 in the rear pods (no adapters necessary)

that will be a nice improvement over stock and MUCH better quality than KaBoom Audio
also sets the foundation to add a decent amp later on if you want to without changing speakers again.  Something like the little clarion, alpine KTP445U, etc. will make a big difference also.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons