May 01, 2024, 02:10:12 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

NoMad

Started by catmcaw, November 09, 2008, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catmcaw

Not a peep out of NoMad about that carb swap. I'm gonna take that as a good sign and assume everything is going  well.

76shuvlinoff

Nomad changed his handle with the new site. He's been here being helpful. 

ugly pic though     :wink:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

nomadbkr

catmcaw ..
.. yea .. I no longer run a 103" motor, and movin to our new improved HTT made now the time to change my nic' ..
.. so nomad103 is now nomadbkr ..

.. had to put the carb thing on the back burner cuz more pressing things have come up ..
.. like a battery .. that fiasco I'll give it's own post after I return the POS they sent and I have a replacement .. if there's a bad part out there, I'll catch it it seems .. lol

.. besides that, the "lord of the land" here has dropped the bomb that I must either buy this property I'm renting, or get ready to possibly move .. the guy is all of a sudden hot to sell and has me against the wall ..
... it's a basket case mobile home that needs a lot of work .. but the price is cheap and I'm in no mood to move in the middle of winter with nothing but a bike and tow behind the bike trailer to move all my chit to storage .. not to mention no place to go ..
.. so .. my spare time is taken lately .. the ol super E is still hangin in .. so the carb project thing has to wait ..
.. 'till I can get back to it .. it's making a great paperweight ..   :teeth:
.. I'll get'r'done sooner or later .. it's my winter project though .. more of a luxury thing than a gotta do .. main reason is for smoother running and hopefully better gas milage .. but it's not like the bike is down .. so no real hurry ..
.. I'll post 'bout it w/pic's when it's up an runnin ..

thx
nomad

nomadbkr

shuvlinoff ...

......... "ugly pic""  ........ ?? ...  :dgust:

:cry:

nomad
:teeth:

neten-o

Nomad.. Hope things work out for ya....Rich.. :up:

flhswingarm

Nomad........you sure had yur share of "house flipper" landlords

nomadbkr

November 09, 2008, 10:10:03 AM #6 Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 11:41:55 AM by nomadbkr
flhswingarm ..
.. yea .. tellme'boutit ..
.. twice in half a decade is enough ..
.. I'm gonna try and buy this basket case home so's I don't have to deal with this kina crap again ..
.. have an evel lil plan to try an do it with c-cards ..
.. gonna move a balance and shoot for a 0% interest for near a year deal ..  :smilep:
.. then, when the year's up, hopefully find another "0% interest for a year" deal to move it to again ..  :smiled:
.. might not live long enough to pay it off .. LMAO .. but I'll have the deed ..  :wink:
... hopefully, it'll come together .. then I can get back to more important things .. like repairs and improvements to the bike ..  :teeth:

thx
nomad

catmcaw

Lookin at NoMad's Pic and seein the big smile on his face makes me think he already has the carb mounted & dialed in LOL.

nomadbkr

..... LOL @ catmcaw .....

nomad

dave_9113

That pig scares me man! 

Good luck on the housing situation.  Good time to buy and hopefully that is the case for you. 

CV carb is junk!  Best keep it as a paperweight.

dave

Jusbo48

Hey Nomad, how did ya come out on the property?

nomadbkr

Jusbo ..
.. good and bad ..
.. the bad is that trying to buy the place in the middle of this credit crunch basically put my credit in ruin ..
.. 1st they approved me .. then, for no reason given other than the state of the economy, Bank of America slashed my credit line to just above what I owe them ..
.. never missed, never late, never over limit, never took a cash advance, never asked for an increase .. yet in one swoop they cut me off at the knees by about 29 grand ..
.. so .. that shot buying the place ..
.. I didn't mind them reducing my credit line .. they chose the amount they extended to me ..
.. but slashing it to just above what I owe them really pisses me off ..
.. that made it look like I maxed out the cards .. and that stomped my credit score into the pavement .. and that started a chain reaction the very next month ..
.. next to go was GE .. they also slashed me to just above what I owe them ..
.. so .. in an attempt for damage control to try and at least put a bandaid on my now muckled credit rating, I decided to do balance transfers to one of my Capital One cards that at the time had a zero balance ..
.. again .. same chit ..
.. one transfer to clear out the GE card went thru, but the other didn't .. so I called to find out why .. they appologized and was gonna put thru the other 2 grand that I wanted to make some room on B of A cards that started the crap ..
.. I told them no .. forget it .. cuz while I was waiting for the damn things to be approved, they sent me notice that they were raising the interest on another card I have with them by 7% ..
.. as someone told me, 'bout any other time in history, my plan to buy a house with c-cards would have worked .. and other than a private investor, it's about the only way to finance an old mobile home in need of repair ..
.. but the economy being what it is is all the excuse the c-cards need to play their games with no apologies and no real reason .. they are gonna continue ripping us off until the credit card bill or rights goes thru in June 2010 ..

.. anyways .. maybe a good thing in disquise ..
.. I couldn't buy this dump .. the only real reason I was gonna, is cuz the owner is gonna tear it down or sell it if I don't buy it ..
.. for 'bout the 5th time I asked the guy point blank what he plans to do now that I can't buy it .. and he said when I leave he'll probably tear it down ..
.. this is one of two left standing .. he's torn down all the others ..
.. so I got serious 'bout finding a new place to live ..
.. coming back from Daytona a week or so something told me to turn around and check out a for sale sign pointing down a road ..
.. while looking around for where the for sale sign pointed, somebody flagged me down thinking I was someone he knew ..
.. turns out the guy had a rental ..
.. signed a lease the next day and am moving in as I type ..
.. no palace, but more than I'm use to .. the vibe is a lot better too ..
.. it's a bit rough here and there .. but nuthin I can't deal with in time ..
.. so far I'm diggin it .. I'm hopin this is the last move .. at least for a long while ..
.. the different color carpets is cuz it's a double wide made from joining two single wide's .. 
.. donno what I'm gonna do with all the extra room .. .. a pool table comes to mind if my wallet ever catches up ..
.. what sold me on it is the living room .. lots more than I'm use to ..
.. at about 24'x25' counting the kitchen; friggin place almost has an echo .. LMAO .. 

.. no palace .. but a step up for me ..
.. big drawback is no cable .. so I'm probably gonna have to do the WildBlue satelite dish thing for broadband ..
.. but it beats what I'm moving away from ..
.. and the new landlords are cool .. I was even  told I can bring the bike in the house if I want ..   :teeth:

.. anyhow .. as much of a PITA it all was, could be worse ..
.. at least it led to somthing worthwhile ..
I'll probably be offline for a month or so .. so I'll catch up with y'all when the dust settles ..

.. ok .. back to the packin chore .. 

later,
nomad

76shuvlinoff

Glad to see you're still around Nomad, good luck!  :up:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

ricochet

It is good to hear you're round and about and geez with all that space now sounds like you need woorkshop tools to fill it.  How close is the nearest 220V box?

Welcome to the new abode.

ricochet

hkd76

Good to here you're still around, Nomad.    I've really enjoyed your builds and pictures.   Good luck on the new place.

Jusbo48

Glad to see it all worked out, I have been away for awhile and remember your post when we still had MSN, was hopin all worked out for ya.

catmcaw

NoMad
  Its always good to hear from you.  I know you could have done without the problems with the banks but thank goodness most of the time things work out for the best.  Hope to hear from you again once you are settled in.

GentlemanDave

Nomar, enjoy reading your chit..

are you the Nomad that knows jw out in CA if so I have metya..

seeya
"Gentleman" Dave

Old Crow

Quote from: GentlemanDave on March 25, 2009, 11:40:46 AM
Nomar, enjoy reading your chit..

are you the Nomad that knows jw out in CA if so I have metya..

seeya
"Gentleman" Dave

Damn, they'll let anybody in here.
Betcha my shovel runs before yours  :wink:

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

nomadbkr

... taking a break from the movin chore to try and answer everyone ..

.. richochet ..
.. with an extension I can put 220V 'bout anywhere I need it cuz there's a convenient 220V plug right at the power box .. not thinking that far ahead yet, but yea .. the thought of using the extra living room area as a shop has crossed my mind .. I can picture the bike as the center piece, right next to a pool table too .. LOL ..

catmcaw ..
.. yea .. I'll be back online .. might take me awhile to get it together, but y'all know I'll 4sure be back feeding this damn web addiction before long .. LMAO ..

.. eyap ...
.. movin sucks .. the mountain of cardboard boxes is never ending ..
.. good thing I saved most of the UPS/FedEx boxes left from mail order bike parts .. LMAO ..
.. about to make about my 20th trip with my tow behind the bike, to shuttle my chit over to the new digg's ..
.. gettin down to the gritty nitty I think ..
.. last to pack will of course be the 'puter ..
.. nothing really to move that my bike can't handle with the tow behind cuz I'm starting fresh without hardly a stick of furniture ..
.. gonna work with camping gear and hunt down furniture a stick at a time as I'm able ..
.. there's something liberating 'bout tossin out the old .. fresh start, if you know what I mean ..

.. anyways .. back at it ..
.. new crib is only 'bout 10 miles from here, but I've racked up way over 200 miles so far ..
.. 'bout a dozen trips left I think ..
.. I'd be done by now were it not for all my old parts and misc. crapola the pack rat in me won't let go of ..  :hyst:

.. thanks for all the well wishes y'all ..
.. I'll be back online soon as I'm able ..
.. in the mean time .. good luck to everyone with their projects, and happy trails ..

PS:
....... the CV carb thing that started this thread is on hold ..
.. I have the carb and flange and was about to get into it when the housing thing came up  ..
.. but as luck would have it, the old S&S started behaving as it should and the bike has been runnin real good in spite of the need for a new carb ..
.. so I've put the CV upgrade project on the back burner for now ..
.. I'll post 'bout it with pic's and any helpful things I discover when I finally get'r'done ..

.. anyhow ..
.. donno if I'll get back online much .. still lots to do ..
.. type at y'all on the flip side ..
.. later,
nomad

NormL

sounds like positive step for you, Nomad.  Good luck. 

NormL
Swanton, Vt
Cracky
Swanton, Vermont