April 28, 2024, 04:54:18 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Throw out bearing

Started by 53Pan66shovel, November 09, 2008, 05:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

how do u know its going bad? also when i pull away from a light or dead stop the bike jerks could the clutch not be adjusted properly or something going bad

Trip

Most throwout bearings will squeal when they,re on the outs....readjust your clutch....use MTL in the chaincase. (assuming you have an sealed case??)

53Pan66shovel

ok ill adjust it and take her for a ride and post what goes on thanks

Trip

What kinda primary are you using??...your throwout depends on the correct level of gear oil in your tranny also...

ohio-rider

Is this for your 53pan?
What year and model are we talking about?
Why do you suspect the throw out bearing?

Mule

sounds like gummed up clutch plates , dissassemble and clean...Mule...

53Pan66shovel

when i pull the clutch in it squels when i go to take off from the light it practically stalls out kinda embarrasing :embarrassed:

53Pan66shovel

its a 4 speed chain driven primary 53 fl

CraigArizona85248

The squeal is most likely the throw-out bearing.  It's an easy fix.  Only have to remove the kicker cover to gain access.  The grabbing clutch is most likely a dirty gummed up clutch.  Disassemble the clutch.  Clean all the plates (frictions and steels) in brake clean.  Use some emory paper to scuff up the suface of the steels.  You don't want shiney polished steels.

-Craig

JamLazyAss

"Demons of Stupidity"

LMAO !!!   :up:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

CraigArizona85248

I tell myself that every morning ... trying to ward off early onset senility.   ;D