April 30, 2024, 05:44:50 AM

News:

Parts&pieces

Started by IronMike113, May 09, 2015, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMike113

Ok Guys lookin for some  Direction,I have a BT 2180 amp with some 7.1 reg. speakers In a 09 ultra and I acquired a Drag specialties 4401-0116 kit with some 6.5 speakers,some hog tunes speakers for the rear pods, a Sony CDX-GT660GT radio,and the Radio Adapter BT1005,

So here is the deal I installed the 6.5 speakers in My 08 Street Glide with a stock radio for now maybe a little BT amp later

The next item I'm wanting to install the Sony and the radio adapter and rear hog tunes in the rear pods on the 09 with the BT2180 and the 7.1 in front is this even workable with the Differant  Ohms from the speakers,the HT's are rated at 5.75 the BT are 4 Ohms I would like to hook them all up together with the two channel amp BT2180 and get the most out of what I have,or do I need to go a Differant Route????

One other thing why does any of these seem to play a lot louder with a iPod with recorded music than a iPhone playing from pandora live?  Any and all comments welcome
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

UltraNutZ

playing louder with a device physically plugged into it is not an uncommon thing.

wire your front and rear speakers in parallel (both right + speaker leads to right + on amp - both right - speaker leads to right - on amp and same for left channel).  That BT amp is plenty enough to drive them at a 2.3ohm load.  The front will obviously play a tad bit louder but that's what you want anyways.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

IronMike113

2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳