2013 road glide ultra needs NAV, Sat radio and more volume. What do I do?

Started by Mountainman streetbob, May 10, 2015, 12:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountainman streetbob

Time to improve the touring experience and the commuting experience...

Totally stock 2013 road glide ultra. I want to add  Navigation, Satellite radio and get more volume from all 4 speakers.
I want to keep ALL factory functionality as it is stock (IE Fader control)

I am looking for advice. Thanks, Brice
Brice H Dyal  The "Mountainmman"
US Army 89-01 35H/12B US Army AMC

rigidthumper

Road Tech 665 and  NIM module will provide nav and XM capability, add an amp and decent speakers and you should be good. I used the HD Boom Audio kit on my 2010 FLTR with the amp under my tour pack, and it sounds OK, but there other options. 
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Bigs

I have a '11 RGU with the 5x7 Hog Tunes speakers in front and the 5 1/2 ones in the back. Never a problem hearing the radio at 75-80mph. My navigation is a Garmin nuvi 50LM which I think is replaced by the 52LM. With a Glare Stomper, Ram mount and a baggie I'm ready for any kind of weather. I can't see spending all that money for a Road Tech.
   Bigs

UltraNutZ

Quote from: rigidthumper on May 11, 2015, 07:22:28 AM
Road Tech 665 and  NIM module will provide nav and XM capability, add an amp and decent speakers and you should be good. I used the HD Boom Audio kit on my 2010 FLTR with the amp under my tour pack, and it sounds OK, but there other options. 

:agree:  on the 665 and NIM module.  Those can be found cheap now that the new bikes have nav built in as well as the 590LM being on the market now.  I just bought one for a buddy of mine used for $300 with all the mounts.  Add lifetime maps to it and you're still under $400.

If FM reception is not important to you then it's hard to beat the Soundstream PN4.xxx series and Power Acoutik RZR series amps.  Class D amps will most likely cause FM reception issues.  If you want a good solid amp and speaker setup that's inexpensive and causes no FM issues then check out the RF PBR300x4 and 2 sets of Kicker CS574 speakers.  You'll need a set of adapter rings for the fairing speakers but the rear pods don't require adapters.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons