April 27, 2024, 11:22:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S super B tuning tips

Started by 53Pan66shovel, March 27, 2009, 01:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

53Pan66shovel

hey guys i have been having a problem with fouling spark plugs i just put a new coil in and havent fouled plugs but im gettin a sputter and sneezing at speeds around 20 - 40 i bottomed the screw out and backed it out 1 1/2 turns when i mess with it , it starts puffing white smoke when turn it back it stops anyone know anything good about this carb im thinking of gettin the super E also i cut the valve guides and put seals and re bored the cylinder seems they were bored to almost 4 thousands running clearnece and i belive the book calls for 1-2 so no smoke which is good but need to fiigure the carb thanks

iiggii

Go for the E or a Cv --S&S B  ,Stands for big dumb carb. iiggii.

stroker800

If the carb is worn out or have needle and seat damage ,,,you will never tune it...try a SU ,, with the paper for tuning piece of cake .If not I have an Andrews flowmaster,,glorified Kiehin,,good luck...The "B" means BAD knee.
Dave

Pynzo

I've been running my Super E since '91 and love it. I have picked up another one for my new bike. If you get one I would at least put in a Yost Power Tube, or even better, a DaVinci Firepower Booster Kit cause the Super E does have a stumble transitioning between fuel circuits and either one of these parts will help with that.
My Pan always ran a little richer on the back cylinder, so I swap plugs front to back and rotate them both out with the two spare sets that're always with the bike.

panhead61

I've tried to order DaVinci Performance Fire Power Booster Kit from DaVinci Performance but I can not order? something wrong with the home page maybe? Some sense that where one can buy the kit. They must send out of U.S
The Last Biker On Earth Will Be Riding A Panhead

Deye76

If your happy with the "B" prior to this, replace the needle & seat and give it a try.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

53Pan66shovel

im kinda happy with the carb its got it moments now im starting to get a little smoke out of the back pipe again idk y i like the carb just doesnt acc really well and breaks up alot im gonna have toi invest in a new one what else could be causing the smoke to much oil still?

Pynzo

Panhead 61- DaVinci's webstore doesn't work. I called the phone # and talked to him directly, 281-964-7782.

53Pan66shovel

well i changed the intermediate jet and its running alot better any reason why i keep fouling the back plug it seems oil fouled but the front one is fine anyone know what i should start checking for?

Pynzo

A compression test should be done, it'll let you know if your rings are bad. if it's a worn valve stem or valve thats seeping oil it won't show on the compression test. Make sure you get at least 3 compression strokes per cylinder tested to get the most accurate reading , and you shouldn't have more than a 5% difference between front and rear cylinders. A compression test can be misleading as far as checking the ring seal if you need to have a valve job too. Teast it once then pour a little 70 wt through the plug hole , tilt the bike back and forth and kick the motor through a couple of times and retest. If your compression stays the same it's probably not the rings.