May 01, 2024, 11:36:45 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Audio advice

Started by Redfish Joe, May 19, 2015, 08:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redfish Joe

Here's the deal. Being on a tight budget I can pick up a new set of HD 6.5 speakers for next to nothing. Would that be a worthy improvement over stock in my 11 RG for now. Perhaps as fund come available add a small amp later. Your thoughts??

UltraNutZ

if you're referring to the Boom Audio 6.5" over stock then yes..

Always tell people to go with what they can afford to buy.  Doesn't have to be the best, just an improvement.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Redfish Joe

The stock 6.5's are Boom then? I understand there is an Boom upgrade.

UltraNutZ

there is no stock 6.5" speaker on an 11.  it's a 5.25" with an adapter ring.  If you're buying boom audio upgrades then yes it's worth it.  If you're buying say a 6.5" stock speaker out of a 14/15 model then I wouldn't bother.

Redfish Joe

Thats what I need to know. Thank you my friend!

Bigs

The Hog Tunes 5x7 speakers work good in a '11 RGU. I have them in mine and don't need a amp cruising at 75-80.
   Bigs

Redfish Joe

I have a set of infinity coming thanks to UltraNutz and a Clairon XC1410 amp and adapter rings on the way.

UltraNutZ

Quote from: Redfish Joe on May 24, 2015, 06:01:36 PM
I have a set of infinity coming thanks to UltraNutz and a Clairon XC1410 amp and adapter rings on the way.

you'll like that.  Quality sound improvement over stock no doubt.  I like that little Clarion amp too.  Exceeded my expectations for sure.  Pioneer and Alpine both make one that is almost identical in size and specs and I've played with both of those as well.. Pretty impressive for such a small amp IMO.