April 30, 2024, 06:47:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Just making sure.

Started by tdgriff, June 04, 2015, 10:01:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdgriff

I have a 06 SG . I am trying to think back how I wired my system up. I have a Kenwood 798 hu I am running the BT 71pros up front and the BT6×9s I the lids. The BT 4180 is running the speaker's. My question is I hear everyone talk about how loud it can get. I am starting to  think I did not run the wires right . The reason I say this I can sit on the bike full volume and its loud but not loud enff I can handle it. So to get back where I was going with this what is the best way to hook up the speaker's?? I feel like the system could be louder.

UltraNutZ

That should be bumping tdgriff.

Keep in mind it's all about expectations.  If you're wanting this to sound like 2 15" subs some good mids and highs man you expectations are out of whack.

But regardless you should be really happy with what your setup is.  Good head unit, good amp, good speakers.

The only 2 things I'll point out is
1. make sure your + and - are going directly to the battery
2. make sure none of your speaker wires are crossed.  Even 1 speaker wired incorrectly will have a huge impact on the way it sounds.  Make sure + to + and - to - for each speaker
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

tdgriff

My negative is going to my neck. That's what BT told me to do. I will try the battery and see what happens. I will check all my wires. Thanks Nutz

tdgriff

Ok unhooked the speaker's in the bags and the fronts got better. What does that mean ??

tdgriff

Ok just have the rear speakers hooked up getting a lot of low sound but no volume. Did I blow the tweeters?