May 02, 2024, 02:46:19 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What Insurance Company are you using?

Started by V24me, March 28, 2009, 11:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

I've got everything except my business with American Family and last I cross checked they were competitive, and my agent is 5 minutes from home.  They paid for a wreck when my drugged out son took the OL's Honda and totaled it in Spokane and he wasn't listed as a driver.  I did have to sign a deal he would never drive one of our cars again.  Seemed reasonable.

Tre_11 FLHX

Got all vehicles with GEICO, 28 years now.  House is with farmers and getting ready to change, back in 1998 (when I first built the house) insurance cost me $500 a year, I am paying over $1700 a year now  :cry: .  Time to get some quotes!
Mike
11 103 FLHX-TW555 cams,10.5:1, FM 2-1-2 ex, FM heads, VPC, JP mufflers, PV tuner

marc

Tollbooth

Had State Farm but $850. for 2 bikes is way too much. They know that you can only ride one at a time.
Had Formost but after the first year it went way up and was the same price as State Farm. 40% increase.
Tried Progressive thinking I would give them a chance and have been happy. $550. for 2 bikes with towing and 1st year replacement, all year coverage, etc. What I saved so far adds up to a free years coverage.
Shop around. Some are using a discount thru AARP. (over 50?)
If a company tries to get your business by giving you a low rate for the first year and making it up in the years later, DROP-EM.

cheetah

Have Progressive. However I just recieved renual notice. They went up over $100.00. Started geting quotes, And went with e-surance for about a little over half Progressive wants for the same coverage.
I have no info about how they handle claims, but hopefully I don't have to find out.
C
Live Every Day if it was your Last
Cause it just might be

driller

I had Progressive for years on everything. The house, car, truck, bikes, RV.. I bought my new bike and checked into Geico on the advise of a friend and they have everything but the house now.. Saved me 300.00 every 6 months and it's all full coverage, pretty high limits and lower deductables. I'll be looking into switching the house when it comes due again.
ride faster, grin wider, spit more bugs

booman1958

Had Geico they tried to get another $70 from me after 9 months of contract. Called and got it nulled. Then at the end of 1 year they sent a renewal and they doubled my premium. Called them because I had no tickets or claims on any thing I own, they said it was because there was alot of claims in my area. I told them to stick it and went with Foremost and rates have stayed the same for 2 years.

harleyjt

Quote from: Hawg Holler on March 28, 2009, 10:17:35 PM
I went with Geico because Allstate, the company I've used for at leat 30 years, didn't want to insure bikes three years ago. Now Allstate has a big ad campaign about how it's agents ride bikes and they want my business. I hate to change carriers if I don't have to, so unless Geico does a big rate change on me I'm probably staying with it.

I always find that kind of crap amusing - especially with Allstate.   Years (many years) ago, I was needing car insurance when I was in school, and inquired at the Allstate counter at the local Sears store.  The agent there told me sorry, Allstate wouldn't write me because I was was under 21 yrs old.  Just not interested in selling me insurance.  No exceptions.   So I said ok, ended up with someone else and swore those SOBs would never get a penny of my money.  They haven't and they won't.  Screw Allstate.  I'll drive uninsured before Allstate gets any of my hard earned cash. 
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

justplainjim

Geico, 100,000, 300,000 for $275 a year.  "09 RKC.

I agree with staying away from Dairyland.  I thought they were terribble when I had to file a claim on my Dad's 1986 Tour Glide.  My dad was in the hospital and and I handled the claim for him and my mom.  He had just put quite a bit of money in it (Chrome and Rinhart True Duals) three to four months before the accident.  He had accesory coverage in his policy.  The bike was a total loss.  The first quote they were not going to pay anything for accessories because the bike was so old even though I had faxed them the reciepts for the accessories put on in the prior six months.  They claimed if the bike was a year or two old they would have paid the full amount but since it was 20 years old they didn't feel it was warranted to pay.  After some arguing the gave another 600 but that didn't cover it.  Needless to say I will never use Dairyland.
I have been with State Farm for 4 years but just switched to AIG last week(I know but I like the agent).  My AIG is $191 for the year 100/300/100 with a $250 deductible and I am 31 years old.
02 EG 95" Carb WT Crusher 118hp/108tq

One other thing my dad had insured with Dairyland I beleive since he bought the bike brand new.
02 EG 95" Carb WT Crusher 118hp/108tq

da piglet

New York state - 62 yrs old
Had Progressive for 8 years on my Sportster..... >$200/yr
This month got the same level of insurance thru AARP/Foremost for <$100/yr

My 50 yr ol' DIL just picked up a '09 Softail Deluxe
For her State Farm was cheaper than AARP

$$ seem to be based on years ridin' and age,
and different companies weigh the factors differently

apes

SeattleDyna, Welcome to Calif...I get envious when folks start listing the cheap insurance they have, mine is $650 per bike  here in Calif, + the outrageous registration, but like you said you can ride just about everyday...

truck

Disregard post #4! :embarrassed:  Stupid, stupid, stupid!! :angry:
I actually have Foremost through AARP and it was Progressive that quoted me a slightly better rate. The rest is true.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Snuff™

Have State Farm for past 23 yrs. 100/300/100, but State Farm has no Med Coverage.  They say they may start later this year. Cost range between different bikes $216-$285 each per year.

-Snuff :beer:
Every day, I'm one day closer...  WTF!  I'm not near 70 yrs. old!

Rags722

State Farm for 30+ years.  Both cars, both bikes and the house.  If you go to State Farm, be sure to ask them to STACK the uninsured/underinsured coverage on all vehicles.  In my case it's like getting 4 times the coverage for the price of one.  Also, with State Farm, I went with the $1,000,000 umbrella coverage in case I'm sued.  That forced me to increase my actual coverage on the bikes and cars.  Funny thing happened.  By INCREASING the coverage, the cars both went DOWN by about $14 a year, and the bike cost went UP by about the same, so it was a wash.
You may be able to get cheaper coverage, but SF has been good to me when I do have a claim.
Rags

V24me

Great replies.  You've given me four to call and get quotes from now, and I'll know if I'm getting a fair price. 

Thanks MUCH,
Val
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

PaJoe

We have our cars and motorcycles with State Farm for over 30 years. Back in '78 when we purchased an 1100 cc Yamaha the regular motorcycle insurance was something like $600 so I called the agent that handled our car and got a quote of about $150 because they went on your driving record. I almost switched to the insurance the Harley dealers sell (Progressive?), but in the process they screwed something up with our Visa card and all hell broke loose, it less than a half hour my account was shut down and VISA security called because of the strange activity, I had to wait until the credit union opened to talk to them to get everything fixed.  I did not want to wait so I called State Farm and in a couple minutes they faxed the proof of insurance card to the dealer for my wife's new Blast purchase.