May 02, 2024, 04:04:06 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

What Insurance Company are you using?

Started by V24me, March 28, 2009, 11:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V24me

Don't need to know your coverage, or what you pay (that may be personal for some), but my insurance just went up by 23% while at the same time the bikes book value went down by about the same (no accidents or tickets), so what company do you use and would you recommend or not?

TIA
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

specialx1

you deserve higher rates you damn hippie!!!! :hyst:
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

V24me

yep and you probably get a credit every month for like 70 bucks, just cuz you don't care :duel:
ALL THAT'S NECCESARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING!

specialx1

mine insurance went down to 167.00 a year cause i dont do as many drugs anymore,, Progressive specialty insurance co
bodily 50,000 k person.100,000 k accident
property 25,000 each accident
comp   500.00 deduct
collision 500.00 deduct
3,000 custom parts included
roadside assistance
:pop:
Specialx1

truck

I kept Progressive again because they had better rates than most others.
I think it was Foremost that quoted me a less that $10.00 better rate so I just kept Progressive.
In years past I had claims with Progressive and they handled them very quickly and fairly.
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

thunderalley3

I have had progressive for years, always been pleased, only needed them one time and they were right there, no problems, no haggles.

My rates went down this year also, I guess being 50 helps, for a year or two !!!  :smiled:

rkrdr2

All I can say is..stay away from Dairyland...they have great rates..but if you have to file a claim...regardless of fault they will screw ya... :down:

HroadhogD1

No Problem

geico 100,000 on everthing full coverge year round 157.00 , progressive double after a claim deer hit

jd8181

progressive for my bike, cars, and home. i had farmers and the price kept going up and up each quarter and they couldn't tell me why and just kept saying it's not just you it everybody. so i switched everything to progressive and i'm saving a ton
2003 Night Train 95" SE Pistons, S&S Cams, Hooker's , SERT, etc....
What's Next

Big Dan

Progressive here as well, for the bike, the house, and all the cars. We've been very pleased with them over all.
Never follow the Hippo into the water.

Sonny S.

Been with Progressive for my Harley's since 1989.
Home & Auto - Allstate.

Porkchop

Gun Powder & Women, live by one, die by the other and love the smell of both!

getsthegrease

American Family Insurance. Great rates, good coverage and an agent in town. A LIVE HUMAN BEING answers the phone.  :up:
"Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot."  Groucho Marx

L-

smittyon66

I had Markel for years. Good service but I just got quotes and Geico is $200 a year cheaper. Going to try them.
Forget the bullsh!t - it's all about two wheels and a motor!

Deye76

Progressive - PL/PD
Theft - Glock, Smith&Wesson, Browning 12ga. not necessarily in that order :wink:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

brick1

had progressive for several years.  started out at $192., last year it was $245, medical for passenger was 50/100, liability, comp, 500 deduc on coll. 

visited another Allstate agent about switching home policy because the witch we had kept telling us our "older" home didn't qualify for any hurricane discounts. 

he ran numbers on the bike and i'm down to $125 a year now, and better medical at 100/300.

Oh, and he saved us 900 on the home policy because we DID have the necessary hurricane items!!  i guess she didn't want us to get any discounts as her monthly comm check would have gone down!!

Bulit

RKRDR2,  I don't know what problem you had with Dairyland, but when my bike was stolen out of a locked garage they paid me almost what
I had into the whole thing within 2 months of filing my claim. The girl even asked if I was going to replace the bike, when I said yes she told me to call back and drop my coverage to the bare minimum to save money on my premium. By the way, I live in NY. Maybe the person you dealt with was a schmuck.

Panzer

Specialx1.......making comments to V2 like you did, I'd carry $1,000,000,000 of insurance.
Remark that way about me.......well....just take out a life insurance policy, a BIG one  :hyst:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

specialx1

harleyjt

Progressive for the bike and the car. 
Had Geico on the bike for a number of years and then last year changed over to Progressive. Saved enough to make it worthwhile to change.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

Dennis The Menace

Cant get lower than Farmers in Colorado.  Unless you have bad credit or are an insurance risk, then Farmers would have to write you through their high risk carrier.  Info according to my agent who guarantees you cant find a lower rate in Colorado.

menace

seattledyna

progressive full coverage on all the bikes...however, when we moved to CA. from WA. and kept the exact same coverage and company our rates DOUBLED! for no reason other than in CA the whole "year" is riding season and in WA most folks park the bikes for fall thru spring.

Hawg Holler

I went with Geico because Allstate, the company I've used for at leat 30 years, didn't want to insure bikes three years ago. Now Allstate has a big ad campaign about how it's agents ride bikes and they want my business. I hate to change carriers if I don't have to, so unless Geico does a big rate change on me I'm probably staying with it.
Keep on ridin
Ridin our blues away
Hawg Holler 2005 Road King Classic