Started by Fxstchewy, November 09, 2008, 08:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fxstchewy

Will the mufflers of of 09' touring bikes fit 07'-08's thank's. Chewy
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

dartman

Yes. Mufflers are the same, im running older mufflers on my 09

tomp

I am not sure if this is true because one of the guys at the dealer said it and you know how they can BS. The guy said that the 08s had cats in the mufflers and the 09s have the cats in the head pipes. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Fxstchewy

I don't think they had cats unless it was a Kalifornication model, but I thought the 07-08 models had a dummy left whereas the 09's had two true muffers.........I could be wrong. Chewy
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

harleyjt

2006 had a cat in the right muffler.   2007 & 08 = no cats unless you do a 103 or 110 kit with the mufflers - I understand they have a cat.  Not sure about 2009, but I don't think it has cats.   Of course I'm talking Federal emissions - not California.  CA bikes would have a cat.
jt
2017 Ultra Classic - Mysterious Red/Velocity Red

rky5

As far as I know the only year I know for "sure" in California that did not have a cat was 07 for the touring bikes?
It has me wondering about the 09. If they do start putting them in the head pipes it would end the slip - on era most likely.

HDDOC

09 CVO touring bikes have a cat in the headers, as do the 09 Cal. touring bikes. 07-08 48 state bikes had no cats.  Doc
2019 Tri Glide