May 09, 2024, 03:00:26 PM

News:

'82 color code

Started by Old Crow, June 25, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Crow

Anyone out there have the color code for the red on an '82 Shriner Edition bagger?  Or does anyone know where I might find it?
This ain't Dodge City, and you ain't Bill Hickock.

Mule

The Candy RED? I might have some old cans out in the Barn. I remember the candy red has a metalic silver under coat with the red top coat. I will look later today...

Mule

Harley #98603 FG aluminum base coat , #98603 FF candy red

Old Crow

Obsolete, who'd a thunk it?  thanks Mule.

Winston Wolf

The red color was the same from at least 81-84 or 85.  I have a couple early 80's original paint candy red bikes. My cousin matched the paint (PPG water based) on a restoration I did, but had to do it by eye, there was no paint code in the PPG system that matched. What they originally came up with (what the PPG rep thought it was by code) was too purplish. I would describe the color as Candy Apple Red, with a tint more bright red. It's really a pretty color.

If you still need help, let me know.

Old Crow

I haven't talked back to the guy yet.  He wants his bike painted, but it'll be further down the road(like when it gets too cold to ride).  I'm finding the same as you, even with the color codes, I can't find anyone with formulas.  I know there are suppliers out there on the 'net, just was looking local at the time.  I've got a really good eyeball guy, I suppose once I get the parts I can take him a tank to match.  Thanks.