May 01, 2024, 02:04:34 AM

News:

Shovel Electric Start conversion.

Started by Micah68kjv, March 29, 2009, 11:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah68kjv

Got a 77 FLH kicker. I want to put electric start on it. What all am I gonna need and how much it gonna cost and is there anybody here ever done it?
TIA
Joe ???

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

76shuvlinoff

Do you have the right inner primary for mounting a starter and a starter solenoid, bendix etc?  Does your clutch basket have a ring gear for the starter?
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

bob_e95482

I did it several years ago. Bought the kit through Custom Chrome or somebody or another. $400. Includes everything but an e-start battery or battery cover. I'd change out the Bendix for a premium unit. Be useful to look at another bike, or get someone to help you. J&P has the kit for yours, $443 in black, $472 in chrome, Prestolite.

hd76fxlr

Get yourself a parts book; or look at somebody's and get a list of parts you'll need.Ebay and swap meets are the cheapest way to go.Takes a little time (ALOT) and patience(EVEN MORE);but by the time your done you'll know every thing there is to know about an electric start system.Charlie

randallwhitman

From your photo, it looks like you've got an open belt primary.......call Tech Cycle......they have add on elec. start kits.
Freedom Behind Bars
103" Shovel
103" '07 FLHX

WVdollar1

i am getting rid of everything for the old electric start on my bike i'll make you a really good deal, i have a new solenoid, bendix, shaft, spacer, starter support...the only thing that i dont know about the age on is the motor itself, and the inner primary. im located in west virginia, i am getting ready to sell the stuff anyways but if you want it let me know and you can have it all for $100 and it should be absolutely everything you need.